7| heavenlike.

"Oh shit

"Oh shit." I said as I opened the door to get her out of the car. I couldn't tell if she was breathing or not, so I just picked her up bridal style and brung her over to my car.

"What the fuck?" Hassan said as I ran up. I ignored him and put her in the backseat, then hopped in the driver seat. He hopped in the passenger, no questions asked. I drove to Lakeside Hospital that wasn't too far from here.

A 5 minute drive quickly turned into a 2 minute one. Sani went in to get some help as I got her out of the car.

I could feel the coldness from her body as I held her in my arms. The nurses rushed out with a gurney and took her inside of the hospital while I stood by my car.

"She gon be alright bro." Sani said as he came back outside and patted my shoulder.

"I'on know man." I said running my hands down my face. "Come on let's go." I said walking back around to the driver's seat.

"You don't wanna stay?" Sani asked as I started the car. I shook my head and continued to drive off from the hospital.

I would've stayed at the hospital with Saija, but I wouldn't be doing her any good. I'm the reason she lost her job, so she wouldn't want to see me anyway.

Sani gave the nurses her name, so they'll call her people and they can be with her.

"GG?" I said happily as I saw my grandma, who I haven't seen in years.

"Mimi baby, what are you doing here?" She said giving me a hug and cupping my face. "It's not your time!" She wiped the tears off of my face.

"Yes, it is! There's nothing there for me anymore. I want to be happy... here with you. Look how beautiful it is here. Why would I wanna go back GG?" The place where we were was unbelievable. Unlike something I'd ever seen before.

"I know baby, but you have to go back." I put my head down in sadness. There's no one down there for me, and it's pointless to go back. I could stay in here with my GG forever and be happy for once in my life.

I shook my head no, "I want to stay with you and be happy. I'm so lonely down there."

"Not for long my love." She smiled. "I love you." She said as she gave me an extremely tight hug.

I stepped back, "I love you t-" She was gone before I could say it back. I looked around and everything around me began to disappear and I was now surrounded in all black.

I looked up as I saw a light. I covered my eyes as it got brighter by the second. I closed my eyes, scared of what was about to happen.

I opened my eyes again, and I was now in a hospital room. I sat up in the bed and looked around. No one was in here but me.

I could feel the oxygen tubes in my nose, my wrist was wrapped up, and I was hooked on an IV. How the hell did I get here, and why didn't I...die.

"Hi! I'm Ashleigh." The light skin, curly-haired woman said. "How are you feeling?" She asked me with her pen and paper.

"I'm fine, just confused. How did I get here?" I questioned her.

"Two guys brought you here but didn't stay long at all. Good thing they brought you when they did because you wouldn't be alive right now." She said checking my charts. "Sorry.."

"It's fine." I gave a tight-lipped smile. "When can I go home?"

"In a few days. There are some people who want to talk to you."

"There's no need for that. I'm okay." I told her ready to leave here.

She sighed, "Okay, I really think you should though."

"No, I'm okay." I said slightly annoyed.

"Noted. You should be discharged within the next two days." She left the room, then came back and sat some nasty ass hospital food on my tray. "I know it's bad, but you should eat." After I didn't respond, she walked out of the room.

꧁꧂

"Saija?" A slender black woman with a short hair cut said as she walked into my room.

"Hi." I ate some of my jello.

"How are you feeling?"

"Fine." I answered that exact question for the 100th time.

"I hear you want to go home." She said and I nodded. "Well we just want to check to make sure I introduce myself. My name is Dr. Michelle Taylor, here's my card." She extended me the piece of card stock. "I'm here if you need to talk."

"Okay." I said taking it out of her hand. Even though I'll never use it.

To be honest, I did want to die earlier. But after the first cut, I wasn't really sure. That's why I stopped. I hit a main artery in my wrist which caused me to pass out, and almost die. If I went to actual nursing school I would've known that it was right there, but I didn't and here we are.

What my GG said is still stuck in my head. About me no longer being alone and finding someone.

I heard two knocks on the door, taking me out of my thoughts. "Come in." I called out. The person who walked in was the very last person I expected to see.

hmmm thoughts?

hmmm thoughts?