23| forever?

Five months later...

The large house was empty as Saija laid in bed. The only sound came from the tv she had on and it was playing a baking show off of discovery plus. Saija wasn't the type to lounge around and do nothing all day, but the way her period had her feeling, this was the only thing she had the energy to do.

Her flow was heavier than usual and this was the worst cramps she'd ever experienced. She snuggled up to the pillows that were on Meechie's side since he wasn't here. Ever since he'd purchased a building to house all of his companies, he was in the office a whole lot more than before, but Saija didn't mind. She was proud and happy for him more than anything.

The doorbell rang and she groaned getting out of the bed and sliding her feet into the fluffy house slippers. The pain was back at full force as she made her way to the front door. "Who is it?" She asked with a hoarse voice.

"Susanna." The woman replied from the other side of the door. Saija unlocked the door and let the maid in. Susanna came once a month to deep clean the house and even though Saija told Meechie she'd do it, he was against it because he wanted her to relax and not worry about anything at all. Not being able to help herself, she still tidied up the house when something was out of order. "Is this a bad time?" Susanna asked as she came in with all of her cleaning supplies.

"No." Saija forced a smile, even though she did mean to cancel the service and reschedule. "I'll be upstairs if you need anything." Susanna nodded as Saija walked away. Before going back upstairs, she stopped by the medicine cabinet in the kitchen to grab some more pain pills since the ones she had previously taken were wearing off. After she swallowed them, she looked around for a snack since she hadn't eaten anything in the past two days.

With a bottle of purified water and a bag of white cheddar popcorn in her hand, she began to climb up the stairs. After the first five, she had to stop. A sharp pain was hitting her lower abdomen and she blew some deep breaths before continuing to the top. The pain was unbearable by the time she made it back to the room. Saija laid her head against the dresser with tears on the brim of her eyes as she tried to call Meechie's cell.

She wiped her tears as the phone went to voicemail. Using the strength she didn't have, she tried to get to the bed that felt miles away when in reality she was only a few feet from it. Saija stumbled as she felt like the room was spinning. She looked down as her phone hit the hardwood floor and saw all of the blood that was coming through her shorts. And that was the last thing she remembered.

꧁꧂

"I don't give a damn what they said. I want it here tomorrow." Meechie hung up the phone in his worker's face. He felt like the manufacturers were trying to play him and he wasn't with that shit at all. Leaning back in his office chair, he ran his hands over his face. He had the feeling that something was wrong. Meechie picked up the landline phone so he didn't have to call her into the office.

"Yes, Mr. Wilder?" His assistant, Janae, answered the phone.

"Did anybody call or leave a message today?" He had yet to check his personal phone, but the people most important to him knew to call his work phone when he was in the office. His work phone was connected to Janae's work phone so she could take messages for him all day.

"No sir." Janae responded after she double checked. "Aight thank you." Meechie hung up by putting the phone back in its place and went into one of his desk drawers to grab his phone. There were lots of missed notifications but Saija's missed call stood out to him. He immediately returned her call and she didn't answer which was really unlike her. Just as he was about to try her again, he was getting another call from Lakeside Memorial Hospital. Meechie quickly swiped right to answer the phone call.