16| new feelings, new people.

I started to pull away because I thought he was going to answer the call

I started to pull away because I thought he was going to answer the call. Instead, he pulls me closer and kisses me. It caught me off guard because I expected him to answer the phone, but of course, I kissed him back.

His phone started ringing again. I pulled back, "Your phone rings so much." I told him and we both laugh.

"I'm really sorry baby, but I have to take this." He bends and lays a couple more kisses on my lips. I walked closer to the ocean while he took his phone call.

The sounds of the waves crashing against each other are very soothing and the way the moonlight reflects off of the water is really pretty. I look back to see Meech standing by his car deep into whatever conversation he's having.

I like him a lot and I feel bad that I haven't told him who I really am.

Thanks to his sister he knows something is up. I don't know how much he knows, and he hasn't forced me to tell him anything, which I am grateful for. I'm just glad he didn't go behind my back about it like some folks.

I'm making it my mission to tell him everything before this trip is over. I want to take it to the next level with him, but he deserves to know who I truly am, and I don't know if he's going to want to be with me after that.

"Aye Saij, we gotta go." Meech runs up and tells me. He didn't give me a chance to respond before he grabbed my hand and started speedwalking to the car. Because of all the sand, it was hard for me to keep up with him so he picked me up and carried me to the car.

We drove back to his house and he was putting bags in the car that I didn't even know we had. "Meechie what's going on?" I asked him once he got back in the car.

"Kai's mom. Somebody is holding her hostage and they need my help with getting her back. So we have to take a detour to New York." That was the last thing he said. We got into another plane and jetted off to the next city.

3 hours later

A driver brought us to this mansion that Meech told me is owned by Nikai's family. Our car was cleared and as we drove up the property, I was in awe. From the looks of this house, to say they're rich would be an understatement.

We walked into the house and we were met with a bunch of eyes. The only person I recognized was Cassidy's. "Hey, guys." She smiles. "Let me help Saija get settled in and you go meet up with the boys." She offers.

"Go. I'll be fine." I reassure him. He nods, passes me and Cass the bags, and walks off. I feel bad for him. I don't know how close he and Kai's mom are, but I hope for everyone's sake they get her back.

"How are you holding up?" I asked Cassidy.

"The thought is scary." She opened a door to a vacant room. "But the guys would do anything for her, so I'm more than certain that everything will be back to normal in a couple of hours."