12. Rainbow's Backstory

Rainbow Dash took a deep breath. "My parents. They always argued. They would argue about how tight money was. How we didn't have money for the purses my mom wanted, or the cooking supplies she wanted. When I was born, I saw this. All of it. In fact, I'm pretty sure when I was born, they argued even more. My dad would call me a mistake, and they would argue so badly, that my dad eventually stormed out of the house for a while."

"He would come back with expensive gifts saying how sorry he was and how much he loved us. And my dumbass mom would accept the gifts, and say she loves him again. This was my idea of love. Then one day, they had a really bad fight. Hands were thrown, and they got a divorce. The next morning after my 7th birthday, I wasn't only packing my things for school, I was packing other things to leave my parents. I didn't wanna stay any fucking longer. That day after school, I went home with--"

❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎

Zephyr cut her off, realizing what she was talking about. "Me and Fluttershy." Rainbow Dash nodded still crying. "I didn't only avoid you. I avoided everyone who was into me. I was scared. I used that fear to channel my sporty confidence. I didn't want anyone to notice my fear. I built this reputation of not having any kind of weakness or fear. I didn't mean to hurt you! Im so sorry! I knew you liked me, I just didn't know what to do! I don't know how to love anyone and I--"

❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎

She was cut off by Zephyr running up to her and kissing her mid sentence. Tears were streaming down her face, but kissing him felt right for some strange reason, so she kissed back. She grabbed his face and pulled it towards hers, crying more. She wrapped her arms around his neck, as he grabbed her waist to pull her closer. Her friends were shocked with dropped mouths. Fluttershy was shocked too, but not too shocked.

❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎

She knew Rainbow's backstory, but she was shocked to see this. People were taking lots of pictures, and some had recorded everything that went down. People were also clapping. They parted after a while. "I always have loved you back. I was just scared to let it show. Not just because of my parents, but also because of my reputation that I had built." She said between sniffles.

❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎

"I haven't seen you cry like that since the first time you came home with Fluttershy to move in." He said, drying her tears. She hugged him tight, and smiled warmly. He was shocked at first, but then hugged her back. The mob had moved on and when Rainbow Dash had parted from the hug, she turned around to see her fiends staring is shock with their mouths open wide.

❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎