Friendly Competition (Yuzu x Mei)

A wave of chatter sounded throughout the gym as the young Aihara heiress finished her announcements. Each student eagerly spoke to their friends, plans being made in mere minutes.

The Aihara Academy is hosting a 'Battle of the Bands' as a final goodbye for the third years. The whole school was buzzing with excitement for the rest of the day and a certain group of friends were having a lot of trouble keeping quiet.

"Yuzuchii, you are definitely on vocals!" Harumin beamed, grabbing her best friend's hands. "You have the best voice out of all of us!"

"Taniguchi-Senpai is right!" Matsuri chimed in, "Yuzu-Chan has an amazing voice!"

Yuzu blushed as her friends continued to compliment her. "Alright, Alright! I'll do it!" She giggled, lightly hitting both of them on the head, "Just shush!"

"So, what songs are we doing?" The pink haired devil leaned back against the wall and pulled her phone from her pocket. "Each group gets two songs, so we gotta pick good ones."

"How about this, 'Wrecking Ball' by Mother Mother followed by 'Cabo' by Ricky Montgomery?" Harumin suggested eagerly.

"Yes!" Yuzu and Matsuri yelled at the same time, turning to look at each other before all three of them burst into a fit of giggles.

"Hey! You're not supposed to be here!" A shrill voice rang out behind the trio. The three groaned loudly before turning to meet the small Vice-President.

"We're waiting for Mei-San, Eyebrows." Matsuri poked her tongue out in Himeko's direction.

"The President is busy, now leave!" Himeko stomped her foot, trying to push the group towards the gates. Stopping as she heared a stern, cold voice behind her.

"I gave them permission to be here, Himeko. Leave them alone." Mei swiftly moved between the trio and Himeko, effectively separating them. The smaller girl opened her mouth to protest but closed it again as Mei narrowed her eyebrows.

Mei's cold demeanor faltered as a pair of arms slid around her waist. Turning her head slightly, she sighed at the sight of Yuzu, nestled comfortably in the crook of her neck, humming happily.

"Mei, I'm tired, can we go home yet?" Yuzu mumbled, burying her face even further into Mei's neck.

"Get off, I need to lock up." Mei pushed her slightly and with some resistance Yuzu unwrapped herself from around the taller girl.

The blonde turned back to her friends, picking up the conversation they were having before they were interrupted. The three of them spoke, their gestures wild and animated as they planned out their performances.

"Hey MeiMei, are you planning to participate in the show?" Himeko asked curiously.

"Not likely, why do you ask?" Mei glanced at her best friend, an eyebrow raised.

"Maybe we should do something together, those three seem too confident, " Himeko nodded in the trio's direction. "They need a little competition."

Mei thought for a moment before giving a nod, "Perhaps, you're right..."

After the ravenette had finished locking up, the group began their walk home. Yuzu, Matsuri and Harumin didn't stop talking the whole way. Mei watched her lover bounce around like a child on a sugar rush, blushing a little as Yuzu made eye contact. The blonde slowed her pace slightly, falling in sync with Mei.

"You're quieter than usual." Yuzu spoke softly, her bright emerald eyes searched Mei's cold violet ones. "Something on your mind?" She tilted her head like a puppy.