and so the lion fell in love with the lamb

That one scene from Twilight but it's Yuzu and Mei cause I still have an emotional attachment to that series. (I was drunk writing this, I'm impressed with myself.)
_____________________________

The walk into the woods was awkward, I knew she was following me, I could feel her tense presence behind me. As I came to a clearing, I stopped, steeling myself.

"Y-you're impossibly fast. Your skin is pale white and ice cold." I kept my back to her, my shoulders tense. My fight or flight was practically screaming at me to run, that she was dangerous. "Your eyes change colour. And sometimes you speak like-..like you're from a different time." I sighed softly, forcing the words out despite the tight feeling in my chest. I could hear her, slowly stalking closer.

"You never eat or drink anything. You don't go out in the sunlight." I continue listing things I knew. "How old are you?" I could feel her right behind me, close enough to touch me if she so wanted to.

"Seventeen." Her voice was cold, stiff almost, like she was uncomfortable. I could feel her eyes burning into the back of my head.

"How long have you been seventeen?" I asked, slowly. Afraid of the answer, as that would only confirm what I already knew.

"A while." Another stiff response but it caused my heartbeat to pick up, my breaths uneven and ragged. I was afraid.

"I know what you are." I speak confidently, a terrible attempt at covering up my fear.

"Say it. Out loud." Mei growled, lowly. My breath hitched. "Say it!" She repeated herself, this time a little more forcefully.

"Vampire." I inhale sharply as I feel her press a little closer, I could feel her breath on my neck.

"Are you afraid?" She murmured, that uncomfortable tone returning. I slowly turned to face her. Her jaw was clenched, her eyebrows knitted together, she looked like she was in pain.

I took a deep breath. "No." Her eyebrows drew closer together.

"Then ask me the most basic question. What do we eat?" She moved closer slightly, an intimidation tactic that I saw clean through.

"You won't hurt me." I winced at the subtly uncertainty in my tone, hoping she wouldn't notice. She grunted, grabbing my arm roughly, pulling me further into the forest. "Where are we going?" I let myself be pulled.

"Up the mountain. You need to see what I look like in the sunlight." With that she pulled me over her shoulder, taking off up the mountain. Trees flew by, everything around me blending into a blur. It took only a minute to reach the top. Her speed was incredible. She, herself, was beyond mesmerising. The way her long, silky black hair blew behind her as she ran. Her skin, flawless as ever. As she deposited me back onto the ground, I kept my eyes locked on her. She spun on her heel to look at me, wincing as she noticed my stare then started to walk away. I quickly followed.

"I'm a killer." Mei glanced over her shoulder at me, it almost sounded like she was going to cry.

"I don't believe that." I tried to catch her wrist but she easily slid away.

"That's because you believe a lie." She muttered. "It's a camouflage." She stopped abruptly and I nearly bumped into her, taking a few steps back as she turned a sharp gaze on me.

"I'm the world's most dangerous predator. Everything about me invites you in." She growled, balling her fists at her sides. "My voice, my face, even my smell." She leaned closer. "As if I would even need any of that."

In the blink of an eye, she was gone, dashing out of sight. Only to appear mere seconds later on top of a boulder. "As if you could outrun me." She chuckled, cynically and then she was gone again, this time appearing a few steps away from me. She reached a hand up and with a deafening crack, ripped a two-foot thick branch from the tree. Hurtling it across the clearing at another tree, as it made impact it shattered like glass. "As if you could fight me off." She said gently.

I stared, wide eyed. More frightened of her now than I had ever been. She had never looked less human or more beautiful. Her eyes seemed to glow with an inexplicable excitement but as quickly as the look had appeared, it faded. Her expression taking a more somber tone. "I'm designed to kill." She said, her tone almost sounded seductive.

"I don't care." I moved towards her, my chest tightening as her eyes widened and she took a careful step back.

"I've killed people before." She warned.

"It doesn't matter." I breathed, moving in again.

"I wanted to kill you." She leaned in. "I've never wanted human blood so much in my life." Her eyebrows furrowed again, she glanced down at my lips for a second, then back into my eyes. She pressed a cold hand to my cheek, frowning a little.

"I trust you." I whispered, taking the opportunity to analyse every inch of her alabaster skin.

"Don't." She whispered back.

"I'm here. I trust you." I moved forward, trying to push against her, wanting nothing more than to be near her. She inhaled sharply, quickly moving back and taking off again, perching herself on a nearby tree branch, out of my reach.

"My family. We're different to others of our kind. We only eat animals." She was awkwardly fiddling with her fingers. "We've learned to control our thirst. But it's you, your scent." She leaned forward suddenly, keeping a firm grip on the branch. "It's like a drug to me. You're like my own personal brand of heroin." She finished, looking over my face as I moved closer. I noticed her jaw clenched as I stepped right up to her. She leaned back a little but didn't run.

"Then, why did you hate me so much when we first met?" I questioned, the thought had been on my mind for some time.

"I did. Only for making me want you so badly. I still don't know if I can control myself." She whispered, squeezing her eyes shut for a moment.

I moved closer again, trapping her against the tree. "I know you can." She slid under the branch next to her, moving away with a strained grunt. I could only imagine the amount of restraint this was taking.

"I can't read your mind." Irritation and desperation seeped into her voice. "I need you to tell me what you're thinking." In once swift movement, she had me pinned to a boulder. Studying my features as if that might give her answers.

"Now I'm afraid..." I murmured, keeping my eyes locked firmly onto hers.

She slowly stepped back, clenching her jaw again. "Good."

I pressed forward, trapping her again. She pressed her lips together, humming softly as I brought a hand up to her cheek. "I'm not afraid of you." I said firmly. "I'm only afraid of losing you, I feel like you're gonna disappear."

Mei winced, turning her head away with a pained laugh. She brought her eyes back to me, trailing them from my lips up to my eyes, keeping an intense stare. "You don't know how long I've waited for you."

She brought a hand to my chest, pressing it gently over my heart. Mei closed her eyes as she listened, she looked peaceful. Her eyes fluttered open, a soft smile playing on her lips. "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb." She muttered, her eyes fixated on my own.

"What a stupid lamb." I grinned at her.

"What a sick, masochistic lion." She chuckled.