Sorting Ceremony

I was standing in a crowd, in the great hall next to Tom.

Tom: I don't know why.
Y/n: Why what?
Tom: Why I ever defended you.
Y/n: Well thank you for doing that.
Tom: You're not welcome.
Y/n: Hey, what's your problem?
Tom: You need to take control of your actions.
Y/n: Pft! My actions? You decided to protect me.
Tom: He thought I was your boyfriend.

I gulped

Y/n: Well maybe if you let me handle it-
Tom: You couldn't handle it.

I looked at him.

Y/n: You're doubting me?
Tom: Yes. Yes it appears I am.

I shook my head.

Tom: There a problem?

My jaw dropped.

Y/n: A problem?! Yes! You decide to attack me for something you did.

He glared at me.

Tom: If I didn't protect you, then Malfoy would've persuaded you into being his friend...and possibly more than a friend.
Y/n: Honestly why do you care?

He said nothing.

Y/n: No reason? Okay then.
McGonagall: Now, when I call your name you will step forth and sit on the stool, and have the sorting hat placed on your heads to be sorted into your houses. Ahem-Hermione Granger!

That girl that we sat with in the boat went up and sat down.

Sorting Hat: hmm...I see...hmm..
GRYFFINDOR!

She smiled and ran to Gryffindor.

Y/n: You know if you hated me so much, you wouldn't have covered me with your Robe on the train.

He looked at me.

Tom: I did it because you looked cold.

I smirked.

Y/n: Cold?

He blushed but tried to hide it. It was cute in my honest opinion.

Y/n: Cold. Hm? Okay..
McGonagall: Ronald Weasley!

A boy with red hair went up and sat down.

Sorting Hat: Ahh! Another Weasley. I know just what to do with you! Hm...GRYFFINDOR!

He sighed and ran to Gryffindor.

Tom: Ugh.
McGonagall: Draco Malfoy!

That platinum haired boy walked up and barley sat down.

Sorting Hat: SLYTHERIN!

He smirked and jogged off to Slytherin.

Tom: Pathetic...going to be in the same house as him.
Y/n: Really?

He glanced at me.

Tom: Yes.

We looked towards the front again.

McGonagall: Susie Bonds!

A girl walked up and sat down.

Sorting Hat: HUFFLEPUFF!

She had a great big smile on her face and ran to Hufflepuff.

McGonagall: Y/n Black!

Dumbledore sat up and fixed his beard. I walked to the front with all eyes glued to me. I took a seat on the stool and had the hat sit on my head.

Sorting Hat: Hmm...I see talent...you can be loyal and fierce...yes I see that...oh and there is bravery at heart! I can tell you are very wise with an attitude...you have Ravenclaw at Mind, Gryffindor at heart, Hufflepuff at soul, And Slytherin at attitude! Yes it is very difficult...oh well I must go with...GRYFFINDOR!

I smiled so big. The hat was taken off and I ran to Gryffindor. I couldn't believe that I actually got Gryffindor when I nearly got Slytherin! If I did that'd be a huge problem. I sat down and had hands come towards me to be shaken but some nasty glares.

McGonagall: Harry Potter!

He walked up and sat down with whispering.

Sorting Hat: Hmm...I see...difficult, very difficult...I know and see the talent as well! Oh it's so hard to choose for you...I see who and what you are Potter...better be...GRYFFINDOR!

He smiled and jogged to Gryffindor with Cheers and claps. He sat right next to me and smiled. I saw identical twins reach over to him and shake his hand.

Both: We are Fred and George!
Harry: Nice to meet you-

He looked at me and smiled.

Y/n: Y/n Black.
Harry: Harry Potter.

We shook hands and smiled.

Harry: It's a pleasure!
Y/n: Yes it is!
McGonagall: Tom Riddle!

I looked up towards the front and he sat down.

Sorting Hat: Ahh...another long line...let's see..I could place you in Gryffindor for being brave and have tons of Courage...but then Hufflepuff because you are loyal and fierce...but may I select Slytherin because of your ambition and cunning heart and mind? Hmm...how about...SLYTHERIN!

Everyone clapped as he ran to Slytherin. I saw him sit down and be shoved by Malfoy. I wanted to walk over and punch Draco but I couldn't. I just sat and watched him taunt Tom as Tom tried to block him out.