CH 01 - The Meeting

[ ... ]

"Hello (Y/N)-sama! Thank you again for yesterday!"

"Ah (Y/N)-sama! the soldiers wanted to give their thanks to you!"

"Thank you for healing my grandma, (Y/N)-sama!"

I only smiled and made my way back to my home If you're wondering why I received these praises, it's because I'm (Y/N) (L/N)[1], otherwise known in this world as the most useless classin the human region.

I'm pretty famous here in the Forest region as a
'Saint', because of my abilities unique to my class. I also help the Beast region as a support class. As a result, they usually look up to me.

Ah, but those are just titles, let's see... I'm a support class known as a Flag Raiser. I specialize in using AoE[2] Buffs[3] and Debuffs, but I'm completely defenseless against attacks. I can only use tools like a protective talisman to protect myself, but even those don't last forever.

Oh, and did I forget to mention? I'm also a wanted man for supporting the Forest and Beast region. It sounds cool, does it?

Probably not.

Well, that's all I'm willing to share for now, it's honestly too embarrassing to share more.

As I reached my home sweet home, I shouted: "Miru! Open the door will you?!" Then, I stood at the front door with my equipment and grocery, waiting for her as I heard footsteps shuffling behind.

Soon enough, a girl opened the door with a warm smile, like always. "Welcome home, Father! " Miru, the girl in the doorway, has long white hair that runs to her waist, although it wasn't very long as she currently stands at 4'3 in height (Very small, I believe it's what the humans call a Loli).

She also has this small little quirk in that being that she couldn't change the expression on her face, despite her mood. A smile would be plastered on her face and yes, I've tried changing her expression by pinching her face. It just reverted to the original smile after I stopped.

She also likes to wear my coat while she's at home but when she's outside, she wears a white dress that reaches to her legs with a bow in her head.

Now, let me tell you one thing. She is a summoned being, not a living person. I still remember vividly the day I tried to summon a dragon to be my permanent companion but I accidentally summoned a Goddess instead... Why did I mess up the final incantations?

I have no idea why she calls me her father though, but I guess it's better than hearing a child call a grown man 'Master'. It seems like it was a good decision to leave the human region, or else I might have gotten arrested once I was seen together with Miru.

"What were you doing?" She only shook her head and looked at me with starry eyes. "Father wished to go to another world, so I am making your wish come true. " She looked at me wistfully as if she was asking for a compliment. I sighed and started gently rubbing her head.

"Ehehehe..." A soft moan could be heard escaping her mouth as she enjoyed it. And was it just me, or did her expression just change?

"So how is it going on then?" I stopped rubbing her head and grabbed the groceries and placed them on the table. She pouted andvmoved to where I was before grabbing my hand to put it down on her head.

"It worked, Father. The device only needs your Mana for it to work." Upon hearing this, I was skeptical but decided not to show it. Rubbing her head more, I said: "Thanks for working so hard, Miru."

I could only hear her giggling and saying things like "Father patted me...", "Pat me more...". I could say I summoned a weird Loli goddess

but hey, she did her best after all, so this amount of praise is fine