chapter 1

Julia's PoV

The glare of the sun hits your eyes as you groan, and Laurie mumbles "too earlyyy" dragging out her sentence.

You hear a quiet "good morning sleepy heads" before getting violently wacked with a pillow. "

"Ugh you little...!" You hear Laurie say as she gets out of bed to follow the perpetrators to their rooms.

You however are unfazed and lay still and silent in Laurie's bed. chirp-chirp chirp-chirp You turn over to see a purple bird perched on a branch, surely the maker of this noise. The silence is calming and you feel at peace for a moment... then you hear a shriek coming from the adjacent room as your peace is short lived.

You groan as you get out of bed and stretch preparing for the day as Laurie walks back in her room brushing her hands together as if knocking dirt of them. "That'll teach them not to WAKE ME UP EARLY ON SUNDAY" she says to almost make sure that they've learned their lessons, and you two start to head downstairs.

"Morning kiddos"

"Morning Dad" You and Laurie say giggling as you sit down receiving a strange look. A plate is out infront of you and you serve yourself. bacon, eggs, pancakes, french toast, blueberries and so many other things to choose from! As you start to load your plate the aroma of bacon swirls and moves swiftly through the house as seconds later you hear the clamoring of the twins coming down the stairs.

"Niko, Jessie careful! And good morning"

"Morning Dad-Dad" they say overlapping.

"Morning Julia, Laurie" they say in an eager tone hoping to get the same reaction as this morning. Laurie shrugs it off and gives you a look knowing they received enough of a punishment at her hands, but you give them a sarcastic death stare that causes them to giggle.

You always loved meals with the twins because no matter how bad the mood you were in they could change it. Surprise attacks were their specialty but sometimes they chose to switch it up. We all sat together, as a family laughing and happy indulging in their breakfast

Later That Day

Youre interlocked in a hug from Laurie "Byeee"

"Byeee i'll see you in class on Monday" "Okay till then" Laurie says wiping away a fake tear as you wave goodbye.

You walk through the door of your house and the odor immediately hits you. What is that, scotch mixed with trash and smelly laundry? You walk past you dads chair and much to your surprise he's lucid, barely but lucid.

"Howwas your we-weekend?" he says slurring he's words. You notice the six pack of empty beer cans around him and as you had guessed a bottle of scotch, almost finished.

"Fine" you say dimly as you hurry up the stairs taking a detour to the bathroom for a shower.

You go towards the shower noticing the rust build up but ignore it, it's been there for a while so what's the harm. You turn the knob in the shower...silence...you turn it back to off and try to turn it on again...silence...

"dammit" you say heading towards the stairs.

"did you pay the water bill!?"

"why I th-thought the beer would come more in handy"

"ugh of course" you say under your breath, turning around to head back upstairs.

"what did you say to me kid?"

" I said of course because why would you use our money for something vital when it could be spent on beer" your cheeks are flushed with anger.

"That's it!" your father says standing up ubrutly and slapping you across the face.

You fall and look up not speachless not surprised but ready for what's next. You guard your face as you father starts kicking you not as hard as he could but far from soft. He mumbles curses and slurs in between "piece of shit...useless...never wanted you" the pain from the metal toe of his shoe makes you wince, but nothing you haven't experienced before. When he's finished you go to the kitchen, and grab vodka to clean your wounds, and enjoy for yourself. You head upstairs, exhausted and lie down on you bed drifting to sleep, only to be awoken hours later by unfamiliar voices.

A/N: SORRY IDK HOW TO WRITE A FIC THIS IS ALL OVER THE PLACE