chapter 3

Julia's PoV

beep-beep beep-beep. You're jolted awake by the beeps of your phone. Your dreaded alarm. You open your phone and check the time.

April 9th 2018, 6:30 am

"ughhh"

you groan rolling out of bed. You slip on the clean clothes you have left because you weren't able to wash any. You head downstairs, grab you bag, and head out the door.

"Nothing nutritious at home anyway" you say to yourself as you walk to school.

15 minutes or so go by

You finally arrive at the entrance of your school. The West Valley Cougars have pride! a sign reads. Really? Cougars? Couldn't have thought of something a little better? You walk in and immediately look for Laurie. You spot her in the crowd of kids and she's looking for you too. You walk over and greet her

"Good morning sleepy head" you say mocking what had happened the day before. She laughs but notices the injury on your arm and points it out

" Jules what's that?"

"Um-er-uh" you stutter trying to think of a response on the fly. "I-i slipped down the stairs uhm after my shower yeah" you finally reply.

She gives you a weary look but shrugs it off for now not wanting to push you, but she knows what actually happened.

Lauries PoV

"...after my shower yeah" you immediately know Julia isn't telling you the truth, she texted you the night before

"dad didn't pay the water bill ofc 🙄"

but you aren't mad at her for it. Who would want to admit that was happening.

How was Laurie so sure what was happening?Take the first and last time she ever visited Juls house. She felt a bit out of place because her family was wealthier but she didn't care, her and Juls were best friends. Juls had been weary about inviting you over and you noticed why but would never mention it.

When you walked in the house you saw her father passed out on chair infront of a tv

"Oh uh... don't mind him he-he does that a lot"

You weren't one to judge anyone but you were sympathetic towards Juls. Your dad had made you your favorite breakfast this morning... and hers wasn't even awake.

Juls brought you up to her room which was surprising. You guessed it would be messy because Juls was a fairly care free person, but it wasn't. It was neat and organized, as well as being decorated in a nice fashion.

"So haha... do you like it?" Jules asked you

"It's amazing! I absolutely love the decor!!" you answered honestly

"Really!? I'm glad I didn't go to over the top! I payed for it all myself so i'm glad that it turned out good!"

Juls payed for most of her stuff on her own. For example when she finally saved up enough for a phone she clutched it like a newborn for weeks.

You and Juls suddenly heard a noise downstairs and then footsteps clopping up the stairs. That's when you saw a side of Juls you hadn't seen before. Juls eyes opened wide as if her worst nightmare had come true... had it?

The door opened with force and Juls dad came in. He didn't knock like your dad would've and you started to see how different your guys lives were. Juls motioned for you to move back preferably out of site, and you obeyed.

"D-Dad... what do you want" Juls said her voice and her visibly shaking

"Do you-you know how much of a burden you are!? You know your the reason your mom left! That wh*re! Left me for that rich man because of you! You don't deserve anything you piece of shit!"

You were completely and utterly shocked, but you kept a straight face for Juls

"I n-n-never wanted you you know kid... if i had a choice you would've gone with that bitch. But why am i su-surprised she didn't even want you! You spoiled little brat!" Her dad said and then shocking you even more, slapped her.

"D-did he just... her dad??" you thought to yourself

Juls turned to you tears in her eyes and red faced. You could tell she was embarrassed to the most extreme extent. Then her dad turned to you and you became fearful.

"A friend ey? HAHAHA! Why would ANYONE want to be friends with a stupid little shit like you?" he said before walking out.

Juls spoke to you with tears in her eyes

"I-i'm so so so sorry... I think it would be safer for you to leave..."

"I'm sorry Juls but don't worry i'm okay... are you?"

"Yeah..." she says obviously untruthfully "but I really think it would be better for you to leave i'm so sorry"

You didn't want to cause her anymore embarrassment so you abided. She helped you slip out the house without awakening her father and you to hugged goodbye.

"Oh by the way Laurie" you paused "Can you please not tell anyone?"

You were hesitant "Um... are you sure your safe?"

"Don't worry i can handle myself" she said putting on a fake smile and avoiding your question

"O-okay i promise" she thanks you and you continue home. On the walk home you were still completely shocked by what you had seen, but promised not to tell anyone like Juls asked... but still you had a sinking feeling that you should.

A/N: Dw I will be getting into erik/lyle things soon! probably the next chapter! THESE ARE LOWK TOO SHORT SORRY