chapter 7

Eriks PoV

You arrived home from a grueling afternoon of tennis. If only you could catch a break but with your father that was physically impossible. You walk down the hallway past your room to grab a towel and snatch Lyles speaker, but when passing the guest room you hear a weird noise. Was someone c-crying? You grab out your phone, click on Lyles contact and start typing.

are u home rn?

nope why

idk i hear a weird noise coming from the guest room

ok ig you should check it out

You close your phone and head back towards the door, opening it slowly and staying at the entrance. Much to your suprise there was someone there, a girl, and she was indeed sobbing. Who was she? Why was she here?

"U-um are you okay" was all you could muster out. The girl turned her head up and you could see the fear in her face, her body shaking heavily. You felt bad for her, you didnt even know why she was here, much less herself it seemed. She was wearing warn down clothes that was dirty and had patches galore.

"Im not gonna hurt you or anything" you reassure the girl

"Im Erik by the way" you add. You wait some seconds for the girl to respond but she doesnt, and even though you told her you wouldnt hurt her she still seems scared of you. Then, just barely she mumbles out "Im fine" Yeah okay like thats believeable, but im not gonna push her. "Well im down the hall if you need anything" you give the girl a small smile and then leave before you scare her even more.

You go in your room, lie in your bed and start scrolling through Insta. About half and hour later not noticing how long you had been on your phone for, you hear the shower in the guest room turn on. You remember the girl and what she was wearing and felt bad again. You didnt want to assume anything but she probably didnt even have a phone, which would suck big time. Okay okay just in and out Erik put the clothes and phone on her bed and then get along with your night. You quickly enter the room making sure to step lightly, which wouldnt make a difference because of how loud the shower was but whatever. You put the shorts, sweatshirt, and extra phone your dad had for you incase yours broke wow we were rich rich on the bed and slipped out, grabbing a towel while walking back to your room. You took your shower and went along with your business, fixing yourself a dinner since your father and mother were out, thankfully. A few hours later Lyle got home, immediatly feeling the need to enter your room.

"Hey little brother" Lyle said, jumping on your bed and giving you a noogie. "How was your day"

"Too much tennis" you respond, nothing else interesting had actually happened annoyingly so

"So did you figure out what that noise in the guest room was?" Oh yeah besides that, you thought jokingly hitting yout head "So??" Lyle insists on getting his answer

"Some girl, crying. Oh wait dont tell her I told you" you say feeling bad about it. "Ive literally never seen her before, which was the weird part. I doubt she had met me either based on her reaction" Lyle was visibly confused, but to be honest, so were you.

"Okay then. Oh does dad still want us to wake up early and do that 5 mile run?" You nod your head yes, dreading it even the night before. You plug your phone in and try and fall asleep earlier than normal, but you struggled. Eventually you fell asleep, only to be awoken what felt like minutes later by your alarm. Great, now I have run you think still half asleep and incredably tired.

Time skip// When Erik and Lyle get back from their run

"I wanna see Serena Williams and Pete Sampras play against eachother" you say to Lyle while grabbing a bowl and cereal. He was wisking eggs and turning on the frying pan. Too much work for me you thought

"Now thats a match id pay to see!" Lyle is more enthusiastic than you, and some how not as worn out from the early run. You look up from your bowl of cereal and see the girl standing there. You hadnt gotten a good look at her the night before but now that you had, you noticed how pretty she was. She had long brown hair and was about a foot shorter than you, which was funny when she was wearing your swearshit. Even though it was about 3 sizes to big for her she looked really good in it, better than you ever could. You noticed you were staring at her and quickly greeted her

"Oh hey! You want something for breakfast?" Lyle turned around to see who you were talking to and the girls eyes focused on him. "Thats my brother, Lyle" you said introducing the two. The girl still had her eyes focused on Lyle and you were a little confused.

"Hey haha earth to..." you struggled for a minute "wait you havent told us your name yet" the girls attention drawed back to you

"oh" she said, almost in a whisper "J-Julia" she said a little louder

"So Julia, do you want anything for breakfast" Lyle asks her. You notice her squeeze the wrists of her swearshirt, overwhelmed by the situation. You motion for Lyle to hand you a bowl of cereal and you grab the milk.

"Here" Lyle says handing her the bowl while you pour her the milk

"oh um thanks" she says quietly

"I-i hope thats okay you can have anything you want" Lyle quickly puts out. Julia thanks you both and aplogizes, to which you tell her she doesnt have to, but then she apologizes again and you let out a laugh to. You noticed how quickly the girl ate the bowl of cereal wow did her parents feed her anything!? She thanks you and Lyle and quickly walks away. You and Lyle turn to eachother but quickly turn back when you notice the blood on the girls wrist. What!? Why was she bleeding?? Lyle quickly called out for her to wait which only made her go faster, Lyle chased after her. You remember how she was the night before and didnt want to overwhelm her even more, but you also wanted to make sure she was okay. You convince yourself to wait on the couch until they come back. A few minutes later the front door opens and you dont even have time to register who it was until they yell.

"Lyle! Erik!" You freeze for a minute. Ugh no no no. You dont want to deal with whatever your dad wanted you to do right now, but walk over to greet him knowing the consequences. Lyle quickly rushes downstairs and nodded a head at you, which you assumed mean Julia was okay. Your dad looked back and forth at both of you, and you were ready for him to quiz you or ask you about your run like usual.

"We have a new house guest..." he says

A/N: ahhh the first PoV from Eriks perspective! What did you guys think? Please lmk in the comments so i can improve and make the story more enjoyable for you! Remember to vote this chapter if you enjoyed and thank you for 150 views! Ill try to upload consistently but my break ends soon so i might struggle a bit. Also my tiktok is editsofmenendez so check it out cause i make some pretty bomb edits of Erik and Lyle. SORRY THESE POV ARE ABT TO GET ALL OVER THE PLACE BC ONCE AGAIN I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO WRITE A FIC