chapter 16

Julia's Pov

"variables on the x axi-" the phone interrupted my teacher "Okay guys just work on the work sheet in Canvas" it felt like the whole class groaned when he said that. He was across the room so I couldn't make out what he was saying "okay...yes...why...okay okay you too. Julia!" I froze "Please go to the office" everyone looked at me if I nodded my head, stood up and left the room silently. It felt like eternity walking through the mostly empty hallways thinking about what I could've done. When I got into the office I sat down in a chair until the door opened.

"Julia. Please come in" I was a good kid I didn't get called into the office, so to say I was freaking out was an understatement "Do you know why I called you in here?" I shook my head I  response to my principals question

"No ma'am" she let out a sigh

"Well i'm sure you heard about or maybe witnessed the fight" she raised her eyebrow

"Yes ma'am I did"

"We know one of our football players was in it but we where hoping to identify the other... perpetrator. We were told that you maybe knew who it was" my face flattened. Had she really called me here... to try and snitch on Lyle? Lyle.was.dead. but it would be on my own accord.

"No ma'am I do not" I said as innocently as I could, but she didn't seem to believe me.

"You can go then" she said annoyed and I walked out

Time jump to the ride home with Erik

"Boom! Square in the jaw!" Erik said laughing

"Oh yeah he won't do anything definitely do anything Right Erik??" You mocked what he said this morning

"Okay but you gotta admit it was funny" he said wiping the tears from his eyes

"It was not funny! I got called to the office!" I shook my head. It was pretty funny but I wasn't one to get in trouble

"Lighten up" he said, pulling into the drive way "You can get mad at him now that we're home!" You walk into the house and Lyle is on the couch with his phone

"Hey guys" he said lowering his phone to look at you

"Juls is mad at you cause she got sent to office" Erik says as he bursts out laughing. He received a kick in the shins that sent him to his room and Lyle sat up

"Oh cmon Juls are you actually mad at me?" you ran your hand through your hair

"I don't know Lyle... I could've gotten in a lot of trouble"

"Well that douche didn't deserve to get off free for what- what he could've done to you" he stood up and walked over to you, holding your hands "but i'm sorry. I'll make it up to you okay? Be ready by 7:30 and wear something nice" he twirled you around into a hug and gave you his signature goofy grin

"okay" you were still a little annoyed but how could you stay annoyed with him smiling at you like that

Time jump to 7:30

You got dressed in a black dress and heels with silver jewelry and mascara, then walked to the front door. You were greeted by Lyle who was wearing a suit and tie, who looked amazingly handsome. His face lighted up when he saw you.

"I- wow Juls" he said looking you up and down "You look absolutely stunning" you smiled at his compliment

"You don't look to bad yourself" as you put your arm around his and he walked you out the door to the car. He drove you around an unfamiliar part of town until you reached a dimly lit building. He opened the car door for you and led you to the side door.

"Lyle what-" he put his hands over your eyes as he led you towards the door.

"Shhhh" he said as he opened the door

He took his hands off your face and you opened your eyes. It was a big room that had a glowing dance floor, lasers going across the room, and a disco ball swirling around pointing the lasers every which way, the song Apocalypse by Cigarettes After Sex (in case you want to play it) was playing, and the room was completely empty. You turned around to face Lyle.

"Lyle this is... incredible" he smiled

"I told you i'd make it up to you" he said as he walked towards the dance floor "Mlady" he said holding out his hand for you to dance. You took his hand and he pulled you in, putting his hand around your waist as he started slow dancing with you. You looked up and met his gaze, his face had a smirk you knew all to well on it, as he leaned down and kissed you. "Juls... I  love you" he said "and you make me the happiest i've ever been"

"I love you too Lyle" you said. He was the first person you'd ever said that too. He completely owned your heart, you felt for him something you had never felt for anyone before and he made you the happiest you'd ever been too.

"I know I probably shouldn't have hit that kid" he said putting his hand on your cheek " but it's only because I care so much about you... and I couldn't stand seeing anyone hurt you" You melted into his chest as you continued dancing with him. You were almost scared by how much you cared about Lyle, but you felt safe in his arms.

"You'll never leave me right Lyle?" you looked up at him

"Of course not Juls. Ill be with you... Forever" and he pulled you into a tight hug. You two stood there dancing for hours until you had forgotten what time it was, but you didn't care. You never wanted it to end, you loved Lyle so much and were so happy with him, you were living the best life you thought you ever could.

A/N: happy birthday Lyle!!! hopefully this is the last birthday you ever spend in prison! lmk what you think so far! POV ALL OVER THE PLACE 🕺🕺