Chapter 10

Tris~

"Hey Tori." I say as Tobias carries me through the gym. Lauren glares at me.

"Hey Tris?" She says obviously confused as why Tobias is carrying me.

"He lost a bet and now he has to do whatever I say." I explain.

"Oh. Well, tryouts are starting now so..." Tori says.

"Okay. Four, put me in the chair beside Tori." I instruct. He roles his eyes and over dramatically sighs. I hear Tori chuckle.

"So. We're gonna judge their skills from one to ten. One being awful." Tori explains.

"Alright ladies! Each of you will have about 30-45 seconds up pull of your best tricks. We'll call your name once so listen carefully. Up first, Danielle." Tori announces.

While she gets set up I ask Tori, "There was a staff meeting, in August right?"

She nods and looks at me.

"Did anyone ever right notes? About what you talked about." I ask.

"Well, Ms. Matthews did, but that's it. It was weird, Principle Wu said she didn't need to take notes but she still did. Why do you ask?" She says.

"No reason." I say.

"Tris, you know you can tell me anything. I wouldn't tell anyone. The only person I'd tell is my brother, but I completely trust him."

"It's just, Ms. Matthews has wrote down everything everyone said, like she's using it for evidence." I say.

"I'll tell you one thing about her--" Tori gets cut off by Lauren.

"Are we gonna try out or not." She spits.

Tori rolls her eyes and puts on a fake smile.

"Yeah. Sorry about that." She says and stands up.

"You should be." Lauren mumbles quietly but everyone hears. Tori mumbles something extremely quietly but all I heard not...make...team. She definitely talking about Lauren.

Doesn't matter anyways, I was gonna give her a 0 anyways.

Danielle is actually really good. She's small so she would make a good flyer. There's a few problems in her routine but nothing that could be fixed easily. I mark her down as a 9.

"Great! Next up is Lynn." Tori announces. Christina pushes Lynn to centre. A couple people chuckle.

Lynn starts and she is extremely flexible and she is completely with the music. 10. I'm not just doing that because she's my friend. But because she deserved it.

"Christina." I shout. She's next.

"Her flips are unreal." Tori whispers to me.

Tori is right, her flips are unbelievable, but her time is a bit off in some spots. However she managed to get back in with the music. I gave her a 9.5.

"Lauren." I call.

She comes into the centre swaying her hips. Ugh.

"Hit it!" She yells.

Since I control the music, I give her an easy song, really up beat, but it's rock. I love rock music, well, I love every kind of music but it's hard to show your best skills with.

She shoots a glare at me.

"If you want to be on the team, you have to use any type of music given." Tori shouts.

Lauren rolls her eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me ever again, you hear me?" Tori yells. She does not have any patience for Lauren, no one does.

She rolls her eyes again. She's in some deep shit right now.

"Lauren! You are not allowed to be on this team. Get your stuff and leave!" Tori yells.

Lauren scoffs.

"I already marked her a zero before she even went up." I say to Tori, but loud enough for others to hear, including Lauren.

"Same here." Tori says.

"That's so not fair!" Lauren shouts.

"Last year you either never showed up to practices or you came late. And, at every game, all you'd do is hook up with a player from the other team." Tori says.

"What's Tris' explanation?" She spits my name out like it's poison.

"You telling your little sister to make sure I don't make the team." I say. People 'ooooh'.

"I did not do that!" She exclaims.

"I was there when you whispered something to your sister and I saw your sister grab onto her ankle when she was in the middle of a cartwheel." Tori says.

"But why does she get to judge? She's new here and you don't even know her." Lauren says.

"I know more about her than you think. And I saw what her routine would've been if you didn't sabotage her. Now get out of my face." Tori says.

"Ugh! Come one Four, let's go!" She orders.

I shout Four a look.

"I think I'm gonna stay, I'll see your later though." Four says.

She sighs loud. "No we're leaving." She commands.

"No. I'm staying. You're leaving." He says.

She has a bitchy fit and leaves.

I look at Four and fake throw up. He smiles.

"Well, I have to go to the bathroom. I'll be back." I say crutching to the exit.

"What me to help?" Four asks.

"No I'm fine." I say.

I go to the main floor where Lauren is.

"Lauren!" I call out.

"What?" She spits and slams her locker.

"Woah calm down. I just want to know why you made your sister do that." I say.

"It's just I'm jealous okay? That's all." She says and walks away.

That was surprisingly easy. Too easy. Meh, it's probably nothing. I think and go back to the gym.