17. TIME TO PART WAYS !?

After few weeks

Khushi POV

After that 'A NIGHT TO REMEMBER' , Arnav kept teasing me about that night. I used to brush them off and act as if that wouldn't effect me in any way but only I know how I would feel whenever he brought that sensitive topic.

We both became best friends. Atleast I think so. He's still being a jerk and doesn't want to be seen with me anywhere in public places.

Meanwhile Christie started falling head over heels for her boyfriend.So I got caught up in listening to her fairy tale scenarios where sometimes he takes her to romantic dates other times he acts all gentleman...bla...bla...bla...

Sometimes I used to feel jealous looking at her. I mean who wouldn't when she got such a great boyfriend who acts all gentleman and caring and responsible and the list goes on.

Where as here I'm stuck with a person who doesn't even wanna be friends with me publicly.Our twisted story continued after that night. For some days he distanced himself from me. When I confronted him he told me that he feels guilty some how for what happened that night. So he said he want some time to forget that. I didn't understood why he's behaving like that but eventually I agreed.

After I lost count of how many days/weeks he started talking and texting me again for which I felt glad.

Our exams approached making us busy with assignments and preparations. So we both stopped pulling each others legs and concentrated on studying.

Suddenly one day out of blue dad informed us that he resigned his job and we need to return to India.

And my reaction was exclaiming "Hey Devimaya!"

If dad would have told this right the moment we came to London or before I met Arnav, I would have jumped with joy. But now, I didn't know how to react.

The only thing that keeps bothering me is can I stay without Arnav? I got habituated him to the extent that if any day he avoids me I used to cry that whole night.

When I told Arnav regarding this his reaction was what shocked me to the most.He acted normal while here I was exaggerated.

"Don't you feel anything Arnav?" I asked expecting him to say the things I wanna hear.

"What do you want me to say khushi? Tell me those and I'll repeat after you" Arnav said normally.

"I actually want to hear what you want to say" I said.

"What's with you khushi? Did you fell for me or what? You're acting like my girlfriend who's leaving this country!" Arnav exclaimed in irritated tone.

"Hey Devimaya! It's not like that! Is there any where written that only girlfriends react in such way? Best friends or friends, don't they have right to react such way?" I asked Arnav.