26. You are mine dammit!

(1697 words)

*PARDON FOR MISTAKES*

Arnav POV

I stared at Khushi who's clearly enjoying Mike company. Huh! What does she see in him that I fail to notice? How can she be so care free with him in this less amount of time, while it took lot of time for me to gain her trust?

"Where are you lost my dear cousin?", Rajiv asked while waving his hand in-front of my eyes.

"When did you come? I thought you were busy with my Preeto bhabhi." I asked him for which his mood saddened in instant.

"She's a tough nut to crack." Rajiv said while eyeing at Preeto longingly.

"So does she" I thought while eyeing at Khushi.

"I don't get what's their problem in accepting the guy who's head-over-heels for them!" Rajiv exclaimed.

"Maybe you should directly ask her by yourself." I suggested.

"Why should I? If I were in her position, I would have done happy dance and get married long back." Rajiv said.

"Now, that's the problem with you guys. You always think only in your perspective. Did it ever occur to you about her feelings? What she wants? How she feels?" Maya asked Rajiv.

Rajiv looked at her dumbfounded.

"The answer is NO. Rather than forcing yourself on her and losing your self-worth, why don't you try to gain her heart and trust by becoming a gentleman?", Maya suggested while patting on his shoulders.

"But she never hears what I say. She keeps scolding me saying horrible things!" Rajiv said sadly.

"Then keep pestering her in gentle way. Plead her to hear what you have to say." Maya said.

"Is it that easy?" Rajiv asked.

"For once follow my suggestion, if it doesn't work, let her leave. If she's truly meant for you, she'll come back to you. If not, then there maybe a better person waiting for you." Maya said and left.

"Arnav. Do you have anything to say?" Rajiv asked.

"Better follow her suggestion. You can't keep forcing her to like you forever." I said for which he nodded yes.

"Preeto!" Rajiv called out her name. Everyone except her turned their attention on him.

"I know you don't have good impression on me. But, trust me when I say I fell head over heels for you the moment I laid my eyes on you. It's then I promised myself that by hook or crook, I'll make you mine. In this process, I failed to gain your trust and love. I thought you'd fall in love with me once we get married. But you ran away, hurting my heart. I was restless until I found you. I want you to forgive me for everything. Please forgive me for troubling you since the time I laid my eyes on you. Forgive me for forcing you to marry. Forgive me for invading your privacy. Forgive me for threatening you." Rajiv said while tears brimming in his eyes.

It's then Preeto came face to face with Rajiv and slapped across his face shocking everyone.

"Now, is this your new strategy?" Preeto asked giving disgusted look for which Rajiv remained silent.

"No!" Maya interrupted.

"Rajiv really have feelings for you Preeto. Please don't misunderstand him." Maya said for which Preeto clapped and laughed out.

"So he succeeded in fooling you guys too. First my parents and now, these guys. Very good Rajiv. Who else are left?" Preeto asked.

"Enough!" Maya yelled.