03: On the Road

~Jade Woods~

"I'm really going to miss you Jade."

"I know Cam. I'll miss you too. But at least I'll get to see you when we come back to L.A. before leaving for Europe. And we can FaceTime and text whenever you want."

June first was the day that I left everything behind. My best friend, my apartment, and my old job. Cami was helping me pack my bags for the trip. One Direction's world tour started in a week and our first stop was Orlando, Florida. All the way across the country. For some reason we went all the way down south then circled back to the west before we left the United States.

So far we had packed up two suitcases of clothes and toiletries plus a bag of my supplies and electronics. We were working on stuffing a duffle bag full of anything else I could possibly need.

"You know what Jade?"  Cami said all of a sudden, "I'm really happy for you. You deserve this."

"Awe thanks Cam. I love you,"  I smiled and pulled her into a tight hug.

"I love you too,"  she sighed, "Ok, is that all you need?"

"I think so."

"Then let's get going I guess!"

Cami was dropping me off at the building that we departed from. Since we were traveling by tour busses and planes there was no need for me to bring my car with me. So we decided that Cami would drive me there, say her goodbyes, and then I'd be on my own.

"Promise you'll call whenever you can?"

"Yes Cam."

"Promise you'll be safe and make good decisions?"

"Yep."

"And promise you'll visit whenever you come back to L.A?"

"I'll try my absolute hardest."

"Ok. Then go have some fun."

I could feel my eyes start to tear up. I also noticed that Cami's eyes were a bit glossy as well. That was the last time I'd see her for a few months. Things would be hard without her. We had lived together for five years and had been best friends since middle school.

"I love you Cam,"  I sniffled, "Try not to miss me too much."

"Ok. I love you."

We embraced each other one last time before I got out of the car, grabbed my bags, and walked over to where the band was already standing. I looked over my shoulder and waved to Cami one final goodbye as she left the parking lot.

"Wow she is pretty hot,"  I heard a very distinct Irish accent say from behind me.

"Be quiet Niall,"  I said, keeping my back to him and the others so they wouldn't see my red teary eyes. But he forcefully grabbed my shoulders and turned me around to face him.

"Awe look at that,"  he said, "She's crying. How sweet."

"Shut up,"  I grumbled, looking down at my feet.

I felt his hand reach under my chin and tilt my head up so that our eyes met.

"We'll be on the bus. See you later princess"

And with that said all four of them walked on to their tour bus and left me standing there all alone. So I decided to go check in with Bryan and find out which bus I was on.