12: Nashville

I faded in and out of focus during the show. My head was spinning and my hearing seemed to be muffled. 

Once the show was over and I was backstage again I began to feel a dull throb in my head. Everything went blurry and the room was spinning.

Next thing I knew I was waking up to bright lights and whispering voices.

I wanted to respond to them, but I couldn't.

After many minutes of struggling I was finally able to make some noise. I grunted and sat up slightly as my eyes adjusted to my surroundings. 

I was in a hospital.

The blur of people around me started to move. I still couldn't see them clearly, but I could hear a beautiful British accent speaking in my direction.

"You're awake sweetheart!"  Louis exclaimed.

"I- w-what happened?" I stammered.

"Sit back. You're ok. We're in the hospital. You passed out backstage and hit your head pretty damn hard."

I heard a female voice continue the story, "The doctor gave you stitches and said that you have a pretty severe concussion," Anna told me.

"You need to rest up for a few days and you'll be ok," Paige smiled.

"We all need to go clean up from the show last night, but Liam will help you get back to the hotel room," Harry told me.

"Ok," I responded meekly.

"Take care of her Li,"  Niall said as they all filed out of the hospital room.

I turned my focus to Liam whose eyes appeared red and dry.

"Are you alright?"  I asked him.

"I'm fine. Just a bit worried about you."

"That's really sweet Liam, but I'm ok. I promise."

I tried to stand up and prove it to him, but as soon as I put weight on my feet I wobbled and nearly collapsed to the ground. Luckily, Liam caught  me before too much damage could be done.

"Yeah you seem just fine,"  he chuckled.

"Guess not."

"Come on now," he said, picking me up, "Let's get you back to the hotel."

  I fell asleep on the ride back and was woken up by the car door closing. Liam scooped me up in his arms once more and carried me all the way to my room. 

He set me gently in the bed and pulled the covers over me.

"Do you need anything?" he asked.

"Could you grab me an Advil please? There's a bottle in my purse."

"Sure thing!"

As if he was being timed, Liam threw himself towards my bag and rummaged through it until he found the pill bottle.

"Do you need some water with it?"

"I'm ok."

"Yeah, that's what you said last time," he grins.

"Whatever,"  I giggle, rolling my eyes playful.

"I'll get you a glass...just in case."

He walked over to the sink and grabbed a cup to fill up for me. As he filled it with water he hummed a song to himself.

I found that quite adorable.