entrac'te

Footsteps resonate upstairs

Then they fade.

A figure stands behind the door of the living room, listening in to the seven boys' conversation with glaring eyes. Until its eyes land on a specific person — the culprit.

It feels raging anger from within. It wants to hurt him.

It switches the living room lights off, causing the boys to suddenly jump or flinch. They all panic in fear. Their heavy breathing is heard. It feels their rapid heartbeats.

Walking towards them, it stands behind the culprit, bringing its lips closer to his ear and breathes. The culprit feels a shiver down his spine but shrugs it off.

It wants to grab one of the boys' attention, more specifically Seokjin's. Its eyes land on one of the boys who is walking around aimlessly trying to find the switch. It stares at him closely and intensely. It knows how strong this boy is and his tolerance to pain.

It wants to use that boy.
To possess him, in order to be recognised and taken seriously.

Him. Just him.

"Jin, there's something wrong with your electricity." Yoongi speaks.

"It's probably the game doing this. Can we just stop playing now, for God's sake?" Hoseok snaps.

Namjoon glances at him. "It's not the game. It's the presence probably messing around with us."

"Wait, where's Jungkook?" Jimin asks, looking around for him.

Little did they know that Jungkook was in the garage looking at the fuse box to fix the lights in the house. While he works away at the fuse box, he slips into deep contemplation. He wanted to be away from the boys for a few minutes as he could not stand being around them due to their secrets. He could not help but be apprehensive of them and their behaviours. He was scrutinising their expressions to see which one of them would break first and just spill the real truth.

On the contrary, Jungkook wants justice for Sewon. It wasn't fair what happened to her and she did not deserve to go through that. Even just the thought of her moves him to tears. Shortly after her death, he considered therapy but ultimately decided not to go ahead with it due to financial problems.

He has not been able to sleep properly since she died. How could he when the woman he had feelings for took her own life a year ago? How could he just continue with his life after that horrific trauma? His life is not normal anymore and now tonight isn't making any sense. It seems like one of them is hiding something. Or all of them are. Something's not right. He wonders.