04 | jhs

FOUR: addictions subside pain

Silence engulfed the room. It was the kind of silence that falls right before you get knifed in the back.

It sent a disconcerted yet unpleasant shiver down Hoseok's spine and he felt his blood chill in his veins. The shock and glares presented on the boys's faces terrifies the wits out of Hoseok.

"Wait what? Hoseok?" Yoongi utters with utter shock laced in his tone.

Hoseok glances at Seokjin with a perplexed face and shakes his head. "I had nothing to do with-"

"Yeah just like how Jungkook and Jimin had nothing to do with Sewon, right?" Seokjin interrupts, raising an eyebrow. He's sick and tired of hearing the same words, I had nothing to do with Sewon. He somewhat feels mentally exhausted, nonetheless he can go through extreme lengths to find the culprit — even if it means turning into the enemy.

Hoseok sighs. "What's the point? I might as well just say it, anyway."

"I really did not expect this from you." Yoongi's manner morphs from shock to revulsion.

Suddenly, Taehyung flinches and he peers over his own shoulder, his eyes scanning the spot behind him.

"Taehyung? What's wrong?" Jungkook questions with an inquisitive look.

Taehyung's brows furrow and he glances at Jungkook. "I thought I felt something brush past me from behind."

Yoongi immediately removes his hand from the piece and pulls back. "This is stupid!" He exchanges glances with Taehyung. "You're not lying, are you?"

"Why would I lie about something like that?" Taehyung snaps, somewhat offended by Yoongi's comment.

"Well, it seems like secrets are being revealed in this moment, right now. You could have a secret. Right, Taehyung?" Yoongi gives Taehyung an apprehensive look.

Taehyung's eyes darken at the mentioning of the word secret — more specifically his secret.

He scoffs at Yoongi with a smirk. "Don't you have one too, Yoongi? I'll tell you what, once Hoseok reveals his, you can gladly reveal yours too, afterwards. We're all ears. We practically have all night as it is, by the looks of it."

"That's enough the pair of you!" Namjoon's clamorous voice ends the pair's argument.

Yoongi and Taehyung exchange one last glare to each other before stealing glances at Hoseok.

The frightened young boy is heaving — almost as if he's about to develop a panic attack. Beads of sweat roll down his forehead and he gulps. Immediately delving into his pocket, he takes out his inhaler and puffs it. He takes a deep breath and shoves it back into his pocket. "I don't know why my initials are mentioned but I didn't kill her."