08 | All

NINE: One step closer to the truth

"How do you not know where Jungkook is?!" Seokjin yells.

"Calm down, he must be around somewhere. He wouldn't have left the house." Namjoon assures him. It would have been ridiculous to suggest that he did, considering Jungkook would never abandon them. He never had the every man for himself mindset.

Just as Yoongi is about to speak, loud footsteps enter the room, causing silence to befall on them. They all turn and face him, noticing Jungkook staring at them without even blinking.

Hoseok walks up to him with his hand placed on Jungkook's shoulder. "Jungkook, you okay?"

Jungkook smiles brightly. "Fine." He utters. "Perfectly fine." He then walks back to his original seat at the table and sits.

"Where were you?" Taehyung questions him with furrowed eyebrows. He scrutinises his every move in hopes that Jungkook won't feed into his suspicion.

"Just went to check on the fuse." Jungkook responds with an unusual smirk etched on his lips.

Seokjin nods.

"Although there is one thing that I can't help but convey." Jungkook adds.

They all send him an inquisitive look, waiting for his answer.

Jungkook gives Seokjin an intense gaze. "Are we sure that everyone has revealed everything?"

They all begin to look quite perplexed at his question.

Jungkook proceeds to stand up and walks behind each of the boys as they are all sat. "I mean, it can't be just one secret per person, can it? We've all said our pieces, but let's be realistic here – could any of those secrets be the reason behind Sewon taking her own life? Are they the reasons? Could one of them be?"

"Can you get straight to the point, Jungkook, instead of beating around the bush?" Taehyung intercedes with irritation laced in his tone.

"What I'm trying to say is, none of them could've been the last straw for her. Yeah sure I kissed her once while I was drunk, Taehyung slept with her and then publicly humiliated her the next day and Namjoon became a guidance counsellor for her. Without any prior knowledge, Yoongi was apparently her best friend, Jimin bullied her and Hoseok was being supplied drugs with Sewon's help. But realistically, could any of them have sent her over the edge?" Jungkook lists all possibilities.

Seokjin contemplates for a moment before shaking his head. "Not really."

"Precisely. It had to have been something so bad that not only affected her mental health but also made her succumb to her depression, which led to her sudden demise." Jungkook adds, standing behind the empty chair across from Seokjin; his hands resting on its head. He stares at Seokjin from afar, darkly, before concluding his explanation. "Which then begs the question. Could there be another secret?"