06 | kth

SIX: your past can haunt you

The room is dim and the atmosphere at the moment is silent. Deafening silence.

He can't believe his eyes. He doesn't want to, anyway. He never imagined this would happen — a secret of his being revealed.

The adrenalin flies over his veins like a carp through the river, but he cannot move a single muscle, not even to breathe a word.

The more he contemplates about running away, or simply moving a bit, the more he feels discouraged and utterly terrified. He doesn't remember being that scared in his life. And that was just the beginning. That idea only makes it worse. If that was even possible.

Fear sits on him like a pillow over his mouth and nose. Enough air gets by it, allowing his body to keep functioning, but it's crippling all the same.

Jimin's countenance morphs into worry as he rushes to Taehyung.

He tries to get Taehyung to breathe steadily and normally. Jungkook hands Taehyung a bottle of water to help him with his sudden panic attack, which Taehyung takes it and drinks. He pants heavily.

He was hoping he would never speak of it, let alone with Seokjin. This was Seokjin's sister.

Taehyung fears that Seokjin will end their friendship once his secret is unraveled. He detested the fact that he had such a deep relationship with Sewon that it ended up breaking her in the end. It wasn't her fault, but his. He pained her and he couldn't face Sewon anymore. Each time they exchanged glances, Sewon would be the first person to forfend from his gaze as the heartbreak wasn't easy to handle.

"So why are your initials involved, Taehyung?" Seokjin questions sceptically.

Taehyung glances at him in fear. "I don't know." Oh, he does know. He knows very well. He knew that secret he had been keeping in for a year.

"Tell me. Now, Taehyung." Seokjin speaks sternly with his arms folded; sending him a glare.

Anxiety overpowers Taehyung and he clears his throat. With a sharp intake of breath, he closes his eyes and begins narrating his secret.

** FLASHBACK :: ONE YEAR AGO **

It was the night of the leavers' party.

I sat alone not wanting to interact with anyone. At parties, I always enjoy the loneliness, at least I didn't have to listen to gossip or get caught in drama.

As I played around with my full drink that I hadn't even sipped, I spotted a familiar girl who was also alone. She looked around with the gaze of wanting to speak to someone, or maybe wanting to be occupied. Her gaze moved to my direction and I stole a glimpse of her face — Sewon.