05 | myg

FIVE: only two can play that game

"Well?" Jungkook utters in suspicion, staring at Yoongi with a raised eyebrow.

Yoongi sighs and shakes his head. "Jungkook, I don't like the way you're looking at me right now."

"You can't exactly blame me for being suspicious, especially since the piece, or the 'presence' I should say, mentioned your initials." He answers. "So give me one good reason why I shouldn't be looking at you like that."

Namjoon, whose eyes are laid on Jungkook, frowns. He doesn't want to think negatively or suspiciously about Jungkook, but he wonders why the young boy is being so overly suspicious of Yoongi.

Meanwhile, Yoongi is finding the right words to say, especially to Seokjin. I mean, this is Seokjin's sister they are talking about. He disliked being put on the spot like this. "I don't know why you're being so suspicious, Jungkook. I didn't have a bad bond with her. We were good to each other. More like mates."

Jungkook does not seem convinced by Yoongi's answer. He wonders if they were alright with each other then why was his initials mentioned? Why does he have a secret?

Yoongi breathes out before he narrates one of the most prominent memories in his mind.

** FLASHBACK :: ONE YEAR AGO **

Yoongi's POV

I walked into the corridor of the school, watching everyone either misbehaving or gossiping.

My eyes landed on Sewon who was awfully silent while shoving her school equipment in her locker. I took this opportunity to greet her.

So I greeted her and she smiled but it didn't seem to be a genuine one. I didn't bother asking because I knew she wouldn't tell me and would brush it off. She was always stubborn like that.

"Wanna hang out at the rooftop? Just the two of us? I'd love it if we could spend time together." She spoke with a small smile.

I smiled back and nodded. "Sure, why not?"

With that said, we both made our way to the rooftop and sat at the bench near the railings.

I knew that Sewon wanted to chat with me because we promised each other 'no secrets'. We were really good friends but didn't disclose this to anybody, simply because I didn't want to hang around with anyone else apart from my brothers. But with Sewon, she seemed to be an exception. There was something about her which drew me to close to her which led to us being friends. Personally, I think it was her innocence.