entr'acte

Tick

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

Pin drop silence. The lights suddenly switch off.

Hoseok yelps whilst the other boys frown and attempt to take in their surroundings. They can barely see each other properly but only their heads.

Next, a rumble resonates across the room. Namjoon discreetly gulps.

"It's probably just a power cut." Seokjin utters.

Namjoon replies with uncertainty. "Are you sure?"

Jungkook instantly feels a presence near him. He peers behind him, only seeing someone's head but this silhouette is standing so fearfully still — not even moving an inch. Almost as if it's a statue. He suspends the boys's conversation. "Um, guys."

"What is it, Jungkook?" Yoongi responds, only hearing his voice.

Jungkook's eyes enlarge and his breath hitches. "I think there's someone here." He whispers, his eyes not leaving the figure.

"Why would there be someone here? And why are you whispering?" Taehyung questions, contemplating how 'stupid' Jungkook sounds, in his view.

Jungkook whispers again. "Because there's someone standing right in front of me and I can see a glimpse of it."

Seokjin shakes his head. "Don't be so ridiculous-"

"He's not lying, Jin. I can see it and feel it too." Hoseok utters with such consternation in his tone, his eyes widening. His breathing becomes heavy as the presence, for him, is growing stronger.

Namjoon follows Hoseok's line of vision and catches a glimpse of the figure. He freezes in his spot. "Seokjin, are you sure it's just the 7 of us? I mean, we did have Sewon here-"

Seokjin snaps. "You all are ridiculous! There's literally nothing there!"

Jimin delves his hand inside his pocket and takes his phone out, accessing the torch on his phone. Moving his phone around to scan for the presence, he also cannot seem to catch a glimpse of anything. He shines the torch on to the three petrified boys who are still standing in their spot, frozen, gazing at the same direction. According to him, they're staring at an empty spot across the room.

He grows concerned as he follows their line of vision by taking a few steps towards the empty spot they're staring at. Nothing.

Yoongi also shines his torch at them and observes the three petrified boys's who are still motionless in their spots. "This is so stupid. I'm done."

Jungkook's lips begin to quiver. "Jimin, step away from it."

"Away from what? There's nothing here! Stop playing games!" Jimin scolds.