2AM

Jemma sat down on her bed nervously. She was mentally freaking out! She contemplated going to Skye for help, but if this worked and they made out.. sorry made up, she wouldn't never hear the end of Skye's teasing. She finally decided not to tell Skye, and opened up Fitz's letter.

She read cautiously. She was going to read everything! The in-between the lines, the details, whatever side notes he made... EVERYTHING to get him back. But when she opened the letter it wasn't what Jemma was expecting. It was just 5 normal questions. 

1. Why did you leave? 

2. Why do you feel like you being around me makes me worse? 

3. What can I do to help you? 

4. Why didn't you leave me in the pod?

5. Do you love me like I love you?

Jemma was crying by the time she finished. She knew he was bound to ask some of those questions, and she was prepared, but it still broke her heart. Simmons knew the answers to some of them, but she wanted to give Fitz the 100% ENTIRE truth! She started procrastinating and thinking about other things (everyone knows those "other things" are really sciency stuff). Soon, she was wondering the halls mindlessly. Suddenly, she snapped back into it and found herself at Coulson's door.

'What am I doing here?' Simmons asked herself. Then she remembered and knocked on his door.

"Come in," she heard him say.

"Sir?," she asked.

"Simmons, I've told you 1000 times, call me Phil. Or Coulson, whatever's fine for you." He smiled at her.

'Wow he's in a good mood today,' she thought.

"Now what do you need, Simmons?"

"Ah, yes. Um, do you think you could keep the lab area clear tomorrow morning for a few hours. And turn the security cameras off?"

He looked confused. "Uh, why exactly?"

"Fitz and I are going to... talk. I just need to work things out with him and it might get a little heated."

"Oh, ok. May mentioned something this morning about you two talking. I just thought you already had. What time?"

"I'm supposed to meet him at 9:30," she responded.

"Ok, I'll mention that tomorrow to everyone and have Skye turn off the video monitors."

"Thank you Sirr...Coulson!" She smiled at him. "And one more thing. Could you be a bit discreet about it. I don't want Skye trying anything tomorow."

"Sure, Jemma. Good Luck!"

"Thank you." She turned to walk out and shut the door carefully behind her. As she she started walking back, she was convincing herself to answer those questions, and stop sidetracking herself. She went to the kitchen, got a water out of the fridge, and sat at the table. She pulled his letter at of her back pocket and read over it again. 

She had all her answers and was thinking of what was going to happen tomorrow when her stomach growled. 'Hmmm, must be close to dinner time. I wonder why no one has come into the kitchen yet?' She looked down at the wristwatch Fitz had gotten her a few birthdays ago. It read 2:00am. "WHAT?!," she practically yelled out loud whilst jumping out of her seat. 'I just sat down 30 minutes ago! And why the bloody hell has no one come through here!' Then she remembered Coulson announcing earlier that morning that he would order pizza, and they could come get it in his office. And people must have come through here, but she was probably to distracted too notice them. She grabbed one of Tripp's chocolate protein bars out of the pantry and walked back to her bunk. 

Simmons never stopped thinking of Fitz as she was getting ready for bed. She was thinking about his eyes and how they just drew you in. She thought back to her time in the underground city when it started shaking. How Fitz was holding on to her. She was so scared; but when Fitz held her she felt better. She was trembling, but when she looked at his eyes, his beautiful blue eyes, everything felt peaceful and calm. She loves his smile, the fluffiness of his curls when he wakes up in the morning. The shadow he gets on his chin after long nights at the lab. It was impossible for her to fall asleep. She was anxious and scared. But as soon as she thought of Fitz and the perfect amount of muscles he has, she fell asleep.

Author's Note: Should I write a chapter about Fitz opening his letter or not? Comment below!