Letters to a Loved One (Part 2)

Instead of going to her room, Jemma went to the kitchen. She needed a cuppa as she wrote. There was a notepad and a pen in a drawer and she pulled those out. She turned the kettle on and got a mug and some tea out of the cupboard. She poured her tea and sat at the table. 

"Where to begin," she muttered out loud.

"Well, what are you trying to begin?" May walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge. 

"Oh, hello May. I didn't here you coming down the hall," a startled Jemma replied.

"I know," May replied with a smirk on her face. She pulled a Gatorade out of the fridge and sat down at the other end of the table.

"So, Simmons, what are you beginning?"

"Well, you know how Fitz and I haven't been ourself since you know... Ward and the pod"

May nodded.

"Since Tripp died." She paused. Jemma felt like her throat was going to close up. Tears started welling up in her eyes. These past few days were only now starting to hit her fully. She felt May's hand on her forearm. 

"Go on. It's ok. Everyone's safe now." 

Those few words from May made Jemma fell better almost instantly.

She took a deep breath and continued. "I proposed a plan to Fitz that would, Will, help our relationship."

"And what's your plan?," asked May.

"I'm supposed to meet Fitz back in the lab in about 17 minutes. We each are going to write 5 questions down on a piece of paper. Questions about each other and our situation, of course. Hand them over to each other and take the night to think about them and answer the questions. Then in the morning, we will share our answers and talk."

Simmons put her head in her hand. She was scared this would end badly.

"Simmons, it's not that bad of an idea," said May. "What do you ask him?"

"That's just it. I can't even think of anything," Simmons replied. 

"Do you love him? Not like a brother or a best friend. Are you in love with Leo Fitz?"

"Yes," replied Simmons. As soon as she answered that, she came up with her questions.

"There are your question." May stood up and walked out of the kitchen as silently as she came.

"Let's get to writing shall we," she said aloud.

1. Why don't you do anything, let alone, talk with me anymore?

2. Why do I make you worse? Jemma had an idea, but she wanted an answer from Fitz.

3. What can I do to help you?

4. Why would you make me leave you in the pod?

5. Do you love me anymore?

Jemma sighed. Sure Skye said that Fitz was still "crazy" about her, but that little voice in her head was still telling her he didn't give a crap about her. She looked at the clock on the microwave.

"Oh my goodness! I was supposed to be in the lab 5 minutes ago." She stood up and started running.

"Heh, he probably think I left him again," she said while running. 'That was a bad joke!,' she thought.

She made it to the lab doors and saw Fitz sitting at one of the benches staring at his note. When she opened the doors and walked in he looked up at her.

"Hi," he said with a slight smile.

"Hi," she replied with the same grin.