Fitz's Dream

This chapter is constantly switching POVs. Um so ya. Tell me if it's hard to read and I can try to make it clearer.

Fitz had had a VERY long day. It was like he was stuck at this one place in life. This one place in life consisted of him avoiding Jemma. 

Jemma.

That name in his head brought sweet memories, love, and comfort. But along with that, it brought pain and anger. He wasn't mad at her. No. He was almost scared of her. It was a stupid thought, but it was the truth. Fitz was scared of Jemma Simmons. His best friend! He was scared that she doesn't want to be his friend anymore. He was scared of losing her. He was scared that he wouldn't be able to protect her. Scared that she doesn't love him. 

Fitz's head was pounding as he sat in his small bunk at the playground. This week, in all, had been hard enough. They had lost Tripp, Skye got superpowers, Coulson was stressed, May... Well no one knows what problems May has. Mack was the same as usual, and Jemma... again I have no idea what has been going on with her.

Standing up with a yawn, Fitz went through his usual routine to get ready for bed, and rested his head on his pillow. He instantly fell into a deep sleep plagued with nightmares.

"Nooooo!" Fitz heard Jemma scream. He was back in the pod with the water surrounding him. Next thing he knows he's back on the plane earlier this week, arguing with her. "I can work for you, I just can't work with you," he said. Those words were so hard to say to her. 

Darkness.

Fitz is pounding on the lab doors. He is back on the Bus, screaming for Jemma not to jump. "Jemma! Nooooo!" She jumped. WHY THE BLOODY HELL DID SHE JUMP?! He was fumbling to get the straps on. Ward took the parachute from his hands and jumped to save her. Fitz's mind went blank, as he sat on the floor hyperventilating. The Bus landed at the next airstrip. Ward walked up the ramp with a limp, lifeless body in his hands. The look on his face told Fitz everything he needed to know. They had to sedate him to get him to stop his rampage.

Darkness. 

The cave started trembling. Jemma looked so scared. I wasn't about to let her fall and have her die too. I reached for her hand. I was going to be the one to save her this time. A huge temor hit. She fell down the hole right as I went to grab her... I screamed her name. I almost jumped too. I couldn't imagine my life without Jemma Simmons. May stopped me right as I was about to let go of life. "Just let me die! Please I can't live without her!," I screamed at the woman.

Darkness. 

"Fitz! Fitz! Wake up please! It's Jemma. FItz, please wake up darling! I'm here, it's ok!." 

I heard Jemma's voice and sat up abruptly. I was covered in sweat. My sheets were drenched. As for her, she was crying and clinging to my arm. She looked startled and scared.

"Wha, What happened. How are you ali... Alive." Fitz didn't say finish his sentence because he knew the answer to his question. He had been having nightmares. Nightmares of Jemma dying. Sure he had them before. But these... these escalated to a terrifying level.

"You were screaming my name in your sleep. I knew you were having a nightmare. You were thrashing in your bed and screaming 'Let me die! I can't live without her.'" Jemma said in a quite, frightened voice. 

"I'm sorry for waking you," said Fitz.

"Oh, Fitz. It's no worry. I was just up making a cuppa. I couldn't sleep anyways."

"How long have you been having nightmares?," he asked.

Simmons had a look of suprise on her face at the question.

"I've known you for forever, Simmons. I know when you're having trouble sleeping. How long?"

She thought about lying to him. She didn't want another awkward situation on her hands. But, Jemma Simmons is "the worst liar ever." So, she decided to tell him the truth.

"Since the pod."

"Oh, me too." he replied. "You know I imagined you when you were gone, right?"

"Yes." Simmons felt a lot of guilt wash over her at that moment and she started crying.

Fitz immediatly pulled her into a hug.

Sigh 

"We have a lot to talk about. But not now. Will you stay? I'm scared the nightmares will come back if I don't know you're here."

"Yes, yes! Of course Fitz!" Simmons was overjoyed that she could spend time with Fitz.

"Okay. How 'bout you go finish makin' tha' tea, and I'll change my sheets," Fitz proposed. 

Jemma giggled. "Sounds great."

She leaped out of the room with some bounce in her step, and Fitz went to changing his bed sheets. He was glad she was taking long, because it was difficult to get the sheets on with his hands shaking. 

Right as he finished tucking the edges of the blanket in, Jemma returned with two cups of tea in her hands. He accepted the glass and took a sip. Mmmm, lots of sugar and milk. She always knew how he liked everything.

He set his half empty glass on his nightstand and pulled back the covers. He got in first, and then Jemma layed down next to him.

At first, it was a bit awkward. Jemma was barely touching him on his, already small, bed. They just layed there for about 30 seconds before Fitz broke the awkardness. 

"Ok, this is silly. You're laying halfway off the bed, and we're not even touching each other."

"You're right, I'm sorry! I'm just a bit flustered and off my game!," she replied.

She scooted over into Fitz's open arms and layed her head on his chest. He wrapped his arm around her and their hands clasped one anothers. Forgetting about there barely drank tea, they relaxed into each others embrace and started to drift away. 

"Good night, Fitz."

"G' Night, Jems."

Jemma silently mouthed the words 'I love you.' And Fitz did the same. Both would never know that the other person had ever said something.

They fell into a deep sleep, where Fitz dreamt of Jemma, and Jemma dreamt of Fitz.