Skimmons

"Shhh, Simmons. It's okay." Skye was on the edge of tears as she held the biochemists body. Skye never noticed how small Jemma was until she was holding her crying form on the floor.

"He won't, he can't, I just." Jemma couldn't find any words. She sat there in Skye's arm as she tried to formulate her feelings into words. "I left thinking I would help him recover, and he did.." Jemma's sobs were starting to quiet but..  "I'm never going to get to tell him I love him too because he hates me!" As Jemma's cries were growing louder, the dam that held back Skye's tears broke.

Skye tightened her hold on Simmons. "Simmons," she started. "He told you he loved you in that pod didn't he?"

 Simmons nodded and her tears grew lighter. About a minute passed before anyone started speaking again.

"He hallucinated you while you were gone. You knew that, right?" Simmons again nodded her head to the hacker's question. Her throat too raw to speak.

"You leaving him only broke him more. He missed you. And he still misses you, I can tell. There has been an elephant that follows you whenever you're in the same room." Skye chuckled a bit at her last statement.

It only made Jemma start crying again.

"Oh, Simmons. I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you more."

"No, no, Skye you're fine. You were just telling me the truth," she started sobbing again.

"Do you truly love him, Simmons?," Skye asked.

"Yes, but he doesn't love me back anymore, Jemma replied"

"You know, he still stares at you with the same look he had before.." Skye stopped. She knew her boundaries of where she could go, and the pod accident was out of her limits. Skye sighed. She wanted to tell Simmons to talk to Fitz, but she knew how hard-shelled Fitz was being whenever they were in the same room. Finally she came up with an answer.

"Tell him the truth. Tell him that you miss what you had and you want it back." Skye winced at what she was about to say."Just don't tell him that you're in love with him right away. Use it if the conversation is going the wrong way. Or save it for your next conversation."

"Geez, Skye, you're starting to sound like Bobbi. Just tell him truth kinda stuff."

They both gave a small smile. "Ok, I have to go load up my computer stuff." She helped the scientist up. "Oh! That's what I came to tell you! Coulson wanted us all in the debriefing room in 5."

Their eyes went wide as they turned to the clock. "Crap!" "Oh Bloody Hell!," they screamed at the same time. They took off running. As they were running, they were wiping off the mascara on their faces and praying that no one would notice that and the fact that they were 10 minutes late... TBC