Stay Still | Jennie Kim

《Genre》 A little bit of everything tbh

《A/N》 I've been getting a bit tired of dumping my old stuff here and I wanted to write something new and different. Happy New Year to everyone and I hope 2021 can treat us better.

(I just wanna apologise to Rosé and anyone who biases her in advance heh)

~•~•~•~•~•~

31st of December 2018

You're not alone when you think you've managed to slip away from the crowd of idols that are high on every substance available.

You're not stupid. You know who's been following you whether it was with her expensive heeled-footsteps or her cat-like eyes since you arrived at the annual event. The scent of jasmine tickling the air you heavily breathed in once you felt her sit on the stool beside you. She knows you've noticed her presence and yet she hangs on, waiting for you to turn around.

But you're stubborn. You don't like making the first move whenever you both meet and you've sworn that she's caught onto your habit by now. So instead, you keep a straight face and look ahead, searching for the bartender to make you a drink hard enough to give you strength for whatever conversation you were about to have.

Eventually, the bow-tied young man spots your smile and saunters his way over. As you're about to open your mouth, the girl beside you leans forward on her elbows and a smirk spreads on her perfectly sculpted face. If that didn't catch his attention, you didn't know what would. A simple matte black suit and a satin, strapless top that practically drags eyes onto her: a girl like Jennie Kim is tough to ignore, so it's no surprise that he tends to her needs first.

"Hi handsome, can I get the strongest tequila you have and a whiskey on the rocks for the girl beside me?" She bats her eyes at him, plump red lips spreading to a smile and he complies with ease,

"Anything for Jennie Kim."

You chuckle lightly at the remark and shake your head. Oh, how you'd love a dollar for each time someone said that to her. You'd be richer than your CEO and your entertainment company combined.

Jennie must've noticed your reaction as she finally turned fully in her seat to stare right at you.

"Are you ignoring me Y/L/N?"

"I'd never ignore you, sweetheart." You fake her a sickeningly sweet grin and she laughs softly at you.

"Sweetheart?"

"Handsome?"

The brunette laughs again, amused by your choice of a counter, "Are you jealous of some bartender? You know I only said that so our drinks would be free."