In Another Life | Jisoo Kim

《Genre》 Angsty and fluffy? Mentions of blood and violence (mostly gunshots and sword fights).

《A/N》 Themes and quotes inspired by these films: Romeo & Juliet, Casablanca and Grease. The longest and the most recent from my old Tumblr account.

 The longest and the most recent from my old Tumblr account

~•~•~•~•~•~

reincarnation
/ˌriːɪnkɑːˈneɪʃ(ə)n/

noun. the rebirth of a soul in another body.

Somewhere out there, is an eternal being or force who is just as melodramatic as we are, who thrives on tragedy and romance just as much as we do. 

And maybe they're bored or maybe they're just rooting for their favourite couple of souls like the rest of us.

But one thing's for sure. They seem to be intrigued by the obvious attraction between you and Jisoo Kim. And because of this, it likes to meddle with you both each time you're reborn, making sure each era is as challenging as the last.

So from dynasties to crime families to biker gangs-- it's like you're never meant to be, not until it's satisfied with its teachings and vague philosophies. And until then, you and Jisoo won't have your well deserved, happy ending. 

~•~•~•~

November 1432, Seoul

The quill laid lonely in its container of black ink, awaiting its owner's next move. Jisoo gnawed at her bottom lip, a habit that was extremely un-ladylike according to her late mother but she didn't care. Not when she was as nervous as a knowingly guilty defendant on trial. 

Why hadn't you written back to her yet? 

Was she being clingy? 

Was clingy even a concept back then? 

It was the 15th century, the word clingy wasn't even mentioned until the 18th. A whole 3 centuries apart. 

Your relationship with Jisoo felt like it was 3 centuries apart-- if Jisoo could call it a relationship that is. The two of you had been exchanging letters for God knows how long and you wrote nothing but sweet melodies to her. Your penmanship was remarkable as well, Jisoo always envying the way you looped each letter of her name together. But you never established anything. You never even spoke to each other in person either. 

It was better this way. With every expert eye keeping a close watch on you both, if you did as little as shake hands, the entire kingdom would riot, pitchforks and fire torches in hand. A lowly knight like you could never be with someone like her. 

Jisoo Kim, the eldest and only child of the Kim dynasty was known to be a kind heiress to her people but a handful to her father. Jisoo was so much like her mother and it angered him in every way. He wanted a strict, merciless ruler but the young princess couldn't care less. All she wanted was for her knight in shining armour to become hers.