All Work and No Feels | Jennie Kim

《Genre》A hint of jealousy, a hint of angst and a happy ending

《A/N》 One of my favourite fics that I transferred from my old Tumblr account :)

~•~•~•~•~•~

Travelling with your girlfriend was usually the most stress-free experience where you could bond and make unforgettable memories but given the circumstances, it proved to be a difficult task.

Milan. The city of high-end brands and expensive tastes. It was the last week of February and that meant one of the biggest events for the both of you was coming up: fashion week. And that had also meant another thing; emotions were on a high and so was your relationship with Jennie. 

Lately, things haven't been running smoothly, with Jennie being in constant in-demand for her brand reputation as both a member of one of the world's leading girl groups and an infamous model, she was almost always out of your reach. Phone calls and Skype became regular until the idol started getting busier by the minute. 

Yes, you were considerate of her multiple CFs and duties as Blackpink's main rapper, but being sent a simple text once a day would have sufficed. She stopped sending 'good morning' texts or calling you before work. She stopped asking how your day went or if you wanted to go out for coffee. Instead, she would leave your messages on seen and only take the time to go on her socials to post her latest sponsor on Instagram. When she rarely came home, Jennie would plant a kiss to the soft of your crown before sleeping in, being utterly exhausted to do anything.

You thought that by tagging along with her to Italy, it would fix whatever strain had been put onto the both of you but it only seemed to worsen. 

Waking up to a lopsided bed with an open humid bathroom was a simple sign that your girlfriend was already awake. The steam lingered in the air and its condensation was visible on both the mirror and the windows in the room.

You turned to your side to find Jennie drying her hair gently with a soft white towel. Dressed simply in a plain grey tee and light-washed mom jeans, the idol effortlessly cleaned up well within the time she spent awake before you. She bunched up the black curls with a towel repetitively whilst having her head tilted slightly to the far left. Her soft features were graced by the early, raw morning sunshine beating through the window. Brown eyes had eventually found yours staring right back at her and a smile crept its way to her rosy lips. 

"It's rude to stare Y/L/N." 

Grinning at your girlfriend's remark, you sat up slowly, bringing the sheets up to your chest for warmth. You shuffled near her, the faint scent of her jasmine shampoo mixed with her iconic Chanel perfume freshening up your morning senses. "I couldn't help it since I was woken up to an angel." 

Jennie stopped drying her wet hair with a pointed glare and suddenly her damp towel came into direct contact with your shoulder. "You're so cheesy."