|| 17 ||

Ophelia was grateful for Ryder's help getting dressed, not that she couldn't do it on her own but, but he made her feel so small and happy.

"Are you going to twirl for Daddy?" He asked, watching her from his place on the edge of her bed. He had a smile on his face, his eyes light and carefree.

Ophelia giggled softly and came to the tips of her toes to do a quick spin. The pleats of her skirt didn't allow for much flare but the way he was watching her made her feel like a princess either way. Like she was wearing an extravagant ball gown.

"You are so beautiful baby girl." He beamed, closing the distance between them. He placed his hands against her hips and peered down at her, kissing her forehead.

She leaned into his touch, her eyes fluttering as she hummed lightly. "Thank you Daddy." She smiled, pulling the sleeves of her turtle neck over her hands.

He chuckled lightly and carefully lifted her from her feet, holding her against his side. She kept her legs securely around his waist, her arms around his neck in a sweet embrace. "Daddy can we please go out today?" She asked, peering up at him with puppy dog eyes.

Ryder glanced down at her as he carried her into his room, his lips twitching as he tried to hold back a smile. "I think you've been a very good girl lately." He stated, his eyes locking with hers as he turned, leaning against his door to push it open.

Ophelia nodded her head quickly, smiling more. "I been a very good girl I pwomise." She answered. "You saw!" She added excitedly.

He set her down on his bed, handing her a stuffed cat that was sitting on his bed side table. "Yes Indeed." He began to dig through the clothes in his dresser, pulling out a pair of black jeans with the knees blown out. "I'm sure we can go look around today. Maybe get a new stuffie?" He trailed off, glancing over his shoulder.

She smiled even more, running her fingers over the soft fabric of the cat's ear. She looked over to Ryder again as he pulled his sweatpants off. She admired the curve of his muscles as they contracted with each movement. She would have to ask him what he secret was sometime soon.

Her eyes drifted to the tattoo on his shoulder and then the one on the back of his arm. She knew the images held some sort of meaning, especially the bird with the anchor on his shoulder. "What's your tattoo mean?" She voiced allowed as he shimmied into his jeans.

He didn't smile, choosing not to meet her eyes. "That's a story for another day, love." He said quietly, glancing over to her quickly.

Ophelia frowned but didn't push any farther. If the subject really was touchy she didn't want to talk about it before they even got to start their day. She wanted it to be a good day for the both of them.

Ryder pulled on a loose white t-shirt and a black plaid button up over top. His smile returned and held his hand out towards her, palm up. "You ready to go little girl?" He asked, waiting patiently for her to make the next move.

She sprung from her spot, grabbing his hand and skipping out the door. "Let's go! Let's go!" She cheered excitedly, pulling Ryder behind her.

He didn't object to her leading simply laughing and following behind her.

The rest of the house was up now, lounging around the living room with a show playing in the background on the tv. Heads turned their way as Ophelia plopped herself down on the stairs to allow Ryder to put her shoes on for her.

"Where are you two headed?" Anastasia questioned.

Ophelia messed around with her stuffed animal as Ryder laced some white boots over her feet. "We are going to have a day to ourselves." He told her, smiling at Ophelia. "That means you guys are on your own for dinner."