|| 01 ||

Could it ever be possible for dreams to come true? Would anyone really be able to live out their wildest fantasies? Could the impossible become possible?

Ophelia Conners wondered this as she dragged herself out of bed, wishing she could return to her land of dreams. At least there she was away from her father and had a Daddy to take care of her.

The small girl grew flustered at the thought, heat rising to her pale cheeks. It had been a long time since she had had a Daddy of her own. He had long since left her for another and since then, she was afraid of being hurt again. Was it so hard to find someone to be loyal?

"Ophelia! Hurry your ass up!" She heard her father yell from downstairs. He wouldn't allow her to be late again, she had done it yesterday.

She rose to her feet and ran a hand through her short hair, stumbling over to her beat up dresser. She opened the top drawer and pulled out her uniform for work, a simple black skirt and white blouse, all the waitresses wore it. Unlike the others, Ophelia chose to add knee high socks to her outfit. It made her feel little when she needed the comfort, without being too obvious.

She was light on her makeup today, sticking with mascara and a little bit of blush. Friday nights were slow at the diner simply due to the fact that all the big clubs were running full steam. There was no need to sit in the small place if they could go to the bar instead.

Ophelia slipped on her black sneakers and grabbed her bag before quickly heading downstairs. Her father was sitting at the kitchen counter with a cup of coffee and the newspaper in front of her. He eyed her disapprovingly before shaking his head. "I'm going out for the night. Clean up before I get home." He told her with a sigh.

"Yea, of course." She answered, grabbing her wallet and her keys from the counter. "Do you need any money?" She questioned, already knowing the answer well.

He nodded and held his hand out, waiting for her to place money in his open palm. She took two twenty dollar bills and handed them over to her father before heading out the door.

This was a usual ever since she had gotten a job. Majority of her money went to her father's drinking habits. The rest was put towards rent and if she had anything left, food. Her work at the restaurant provided her with food every once and while, Jeremy, the cook, messing up orders in her favor.

Like usual, Jeremy was waiting for her in front of the apartment complex, the passenger door pushed open for her to climb in. "Hurry up!" He called. "You're going to make us both late!"

Ophelia climbed into the vehicle, barely able to shut her door before he was taking off. "It was a few minutes." She defended, setting her bag down on the floor.

"You know the restaurant can't run without it's chef." He said smuggly, earning a smack from the girl sitting next to him.

"And it couldn't run without the waitresses." She pointed out, knowing well that he would find a way to make it work. He always found a way to make things work.

Ophelia pondered if she would ever be able to do the same, fix problems that came her way. It was hard to determine considering where she currently was in her life, but if push came to shove, she was confident she would be able to fix any problems that came her way. She just needed to fix her time management, be a little quicker.

Jeremy and Ophelia made it to work with time to spare. A few short cuts and they cut off a little extra time for themselves.

He was washing his hands, preparing for the opening of the doors. He was the only cook they had but he was good at his job. The small rush they did get occasionally was nothing for him.

He flicked water towards Ophelia and she frowned, flipping him off. "You know how much I hate that." She stated, crossing her arms over chest.

Jeremy simply laughed, unaffected by her actions. "And that's just why I do it." He told her, sending a smile in her direction. "Hey, Ophelia. What do you say we go out on a date tomorrow night?"

She tilted her head a little hearing his proposition. She had never thought he liked her in that and she wasn't sure if she could like him that way either. It wouldn't hurt to give it a shot though. "Only if you pay." She told him, smiling sweetly.

He shook his head, a smile staying plastered on his face. "You have a deal."

Ophelia laughed to herself as she pushed through the kitchen doors into the eating area. The other waitress and the owner waiting by the counter, the doors unlocked and ready to let the customers in.

"Big rush I see." She teased, coming to stand beside the two other girls, Maya and Michelle. They had been good friends after highschool, Michelle offering the both of them a job at her new restaurant.

Michelle just shook her head. "It always starts like this." She reasoned, but of course Ophelia already knew that.

It didn't take long before their first few customers began to come in, two couples looking to have a peaceful breakfast. This was the place to do it. The restaurant was spacious considering its size and it was welcoming. Ophelia constantly received good reviews from her customers. It was enough to keep her here, finding it satisfying to see the content after their meal.

Ophelia was organizing the menus when a male strolled through the doors, his gaze slowly drifting over the restaurant as if looking for someone. He had light brown hair, shadows under his jaw from the light stubble on his face. He was easily a head taller than her, clearly stronger than her two. She could see his muscles through the leather jacket he had on.

His gaze landed on her and he smirked a little before coming towards the counter. "I need a table for two." He told her, running his eyes down her small form. "I'm expecting someone in the next little while." He added.

Ophelia quickly nodded, gathering one menu for the time being. The way he was looking at her was making her flustered. She felt as if he was looking right through her. "Yes Sir, come this way, please." She told him before leading him towards a booth.

He trailed behind her a moment before sliding into the booth, taking the menu from her hands. "My name is Ophelia, I'll be your waitress today. Can I start you off with something to drink?" She asked, pulling her notepad from her pocket.

"I'll just take a coffee, princess. Black." He responded, setting his menu down and looking straight at her, his dark eyes locking onto hers.

Her breath caught in her throat but she held her ground, keeping her composure. He made her feel squeamish, coaxing her into little space.

"Coming right up." She said softly before swiftly turning away from him.

------

The first chapter is a bit boring but it gets better. We gotta start somewhere.

Any predictions for the next chapter?

What do you think about the characters?

Till next time lovelies :)