|| 08 ||

It was close to two in the morning when Ophelia was moved from Ryder's lap and placed in the passenger's seat.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." She continuous mumbled, small tears leaving trails down her cheeks.

Ryder simply sighed, using his thumb to wipe her tears. He straightened and shrugged off his jacket, wrapping it around her shoulders. She immediately slid her arms into the holes, wrapping it around her small frame. His scent overpowered her but she didn't care.

"It's over princesa. It's okay." He said softly, pulling the hood over her head.

Ophelia was surprised with how gentle Ryder was being with her. She expected him to be boiling with rage. If he was, he was doing a very good job hiding it.

He closed the door and returned to the drivers side, starting their way back to the house.

The ride back was quiet, the radio silenced and no one offering any sort of conversation. Ophelia was curled up in the passengers seat, staying as close as she could to Ryder. He had his one hand resting on her knee, his thumb tracing patterns back and forth. The action comforted her and she found herself drifting off to sleep.

She dreamed of being in a large field surrounded by trees. the forest was dense and offered no way for her to get through. She was alone, no sound but the window rustling through the trees. Ophelia walked many circles before anything changed.

Ryder appeared. He took her hand in his, kissing her knuckles ever so carefully. She watched as he dragged his fingers up her arm, slowly, hovering just above her skin.

She breathed out a shaky breath, watching his movements. His eyes remained on his hand, following as well. He traced her shoulder onto her collar and up to her neck.

A light smile came to his face and he wrapped his hand around her neck, squeezing everything so slightly. He did not wish to hurt her and she knew that.

A small groan slipped past her lips as he tilted her head back, forcing her to look into his dark eyes. "What's my name?" He whispered, pressing a light kiss to her cheek.

Ophelia blinked slowly, wrapping her fingers around his wrist. He gave another light squeeze causing her to groan once more.

"What's my name niñita?" He said a little louder, pulling away to gaze into her eyes once more.

A small smile pulled at her lips and she closed her eyes, sinking into his touch. "Daddy." She murmured softly.

Ryder seemed pleased, a grin spreading out across his face before he released her neck, fading away. And with him went the field and the trees.

Ophelia slowly opened her eyes, a yawn parting her lips. She rubbed her eyes with her fist trying her best to clear her vision. She blinked a few times and found that she was still sitting in the passenger seat of his car but it was parked in the garage.

She stretched her legs out, glancing around to see if Ryder was near. The door was open but he was no where in sight. He must have gone inside. Why would be leave her here?

A small part of her was glad considering the dream she had just had. There would be no hiding her embarrassment if he had been sitting right next to her. She didn't want to admit how she thought of Ryder. That would make it too real. He was her kidnapper, nothing else.

She was about to exit the car when she caught sight of a shadow on the garage door. She was quick to lay back down, pretending she was still asleep.

A moment later her door was opened and strong arms wrapped around her small body, lifting her with ease. An arm was wrapped under her butt, the other across her back, her head resting on his shoulder. Ophelia knew without looking that it was Ryder.

He held her close, his arm around her secure as he headed back into the house. It was quiet all around, everyone else having already returned to their rooms for the night.

It only took a minute before she was being laid down on a soft surface, his warmth fading away just like it had in her dream. She was overcome with a sense of panic and her eyes sprung open, her hand gripping his arm.

Ryder gazed down at her with a confused expression on his face. The moon cast shadows across his cheeks but she could see that he was concerned.

"Don't go." She whispered, her voice small. She was genuinely afraid that he might disappear and this time it wouldn't be a dream. In her state of mind it wad hard to tell if she was dreaming. "I don't want you to go."

He pressed his lips together, a knowing look crossing his features, almost like he knew exactly what was going on inside her head. Like he knew she was on the edge of her headspace. It was almost like he could feel it.

He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, caressing her cheek. "Just this once." He told her before carefully settling himself on the edge of the bed.

Ryder didn't lay down fully, instead sitting up against the headboard, his one leg dangling off the edge. Ophelia settled herself by his side, an arm slung loosely over his waist. He rested his arm across her shoulders, the other running over her head.

Ophelia closed her eyes and relaxed into him, slipping into her littlespace. She bit her tongue to hold back any words, afraid of what he might think of she revealed her headspace. Instead she kept her eyes closed, focusing on the feeling of his fingers in her hair.

It didn't take long for her to drift back to sleep, at peace.

Ryder stayed awhile, watching her as she slept. He found it interesting how she curled into a ball, making small noises every once and awhile.

He had only just met this girl but he felt the need to protect her. More than that, he felt the need to guide her, give her reassurance. He felt the need to baby her and hold her close in a moment like this. He wanted her to be his little girl.

He was conflicted with what to do knowing well that she was not happy with how she had ended up here. He didn't blame her. It would take time but he knew that eventually he would claim her for himself.

-------

I have nothing to say about this 😂

Your thoughts on the chapter?

Any hopes or wishes for the characters or the story itself?

I hope you enjoyed the chapter, see you later ❤