|| 15 ||

Markus was not to be messed with. Ophelia understood that now and wanted nothing to do with him in the first place. His scandalous work left her having to get stitches and extra antibiotics to fight off her infection. It took five days before she could walk without pain.

In was early in the morning and the space beside her was empty, Ryder having gotten up long before she had. She was having a hard time wrapping her head around the fact that she had wanted to get away at one point. It was a dangerous game he liked to play but to her it was worth it. He was everything she could ask for.

She rolled over, sitting up and throwing her legs over the edge of the bed. She was in Ryder's shorts, loose around her hips, and a white button up shirt, wrinkled from wearing it all night. She pulled on a pair of socks she had left on the floor by the nightstand before softly padding into the hallway.

From what she could tell no one else was awake quite yet, all the bedroom doors closed, almost silence through the house. The only sounds being the quiet tapping of Ryder on his laptop.

She rubbed her eyes gently as she stepped into the kitchen, finding Ryder shirtless, standing over his laptop as usual. He ran a hand over his face, leaning back and closing his eyes to take a deep breath. It wasn't until he opened his eyes that he noticed her presence. "Hey love bug, how are you feeling?" He asked, genuinely concerned.

Ophelia closed the distance between them, wrapping her arms around his waist, her head resting against his chest. "Better." She murmured, relaxing into him.

He held her close, his arms creating a safe place around her. He held her there for a few moments before lifting her up, placing her in the counter. He stood between her legs, running his fingers through her hair to take a look at her stitches.

She hissed lightly when he poked it a bit too hard, causing him to pull his hand back quickly. "I'm sorry love, still sore though I see." He frowned, carefully smoothing her hair back down and placing a kiss on her forehead. 

Ophelia hummed lightly, her eyes fluttering a moment as she wrapped her arms around him again. "You are warm." She stated, practically melting into arms.

He chuckled lightly, circling his arms around her small frame once again. "Only for my little girl." He replied, looking down at her.

She giggled softly, effortlessly slipping into her headspace. It was easy around him, he naturally made her feel small. "My Daddy." She whispered, looking up at him and placing a kiss upon his lips.

He kissed her back, holding it for a few seconds before poking her stomach repeatedly, sending her into a fit of giggles. "How about we get some food into that little tummy, yea?" He asked and she nodded her head quickly.

Ophelia nodded her head in agreement and watched as he moved through the kitchen, scrambling eggs and cutting up some fruit. She slid off the counter and poked her head under her arm, reaching out to grab a slice of strawberry from the cutting board.

Ryder shook his head, laughing, handing her a slice of orange to go with it. She accepted the fruit gratefully, savoring the sweet taste. "Tank you Daddy." She mumbled, wiping the corner of her mouth with her thumb before giving him a smile.

She waddled into the living room, picking a spot on the couch. She grabbed a spot gray blanket and laid it over her legs, curling up the the corner of the l-shapped couched. Ryder came in a few moments after, a plate of eggs and a bowl of fruit in his hands, a sippy cup hooked around his two fingers.

"Alrighty princesa, time to eat." He sat down beside her, placing the plate of eggs down on her lap. "Be careful hun, we don't want to make a mess."

She nodded her head, leaning into him as wrapped an arm around her shoulders. He had the bowl of fruit in his lap, the sippy cup resting against his thigh.

Ophelia picked up the fork from the plate, beginning to eat the eggs he had made for her. She hummed delightedly, quickly taking another mouthful. "Really good." She whispered, leaning her head back and closing her eyes as she chewed.

Ryder ran the side of his hand across her cheek, his other arm moving from her shoulders to her waist. "You are so cute." He chuckled, kissing her temple.

She giggled happily, opening her eyes and taking another bite of eggs. It didn't take long for her to finish the small plate, Ryder taking it from her lap and setting it on the coffee table. She picked up her sippy cup and took a long drink of the sweet apple juice.

He handed her the bowl of fruit and she plucked on orange out before he could pass the bowl over, popping it into her mouth with a giggle. A grin came to his face and he took a strawberry from the bowl, slowing putting it into his mouth. He cupped the side of her face, pulling her into kiss.

He was careful and sweet, the juices from the fruit coating the both of their tongues. He pulled away after a few moments, running his thumb across his lips to wipe away the access juice. She smiled, licking her lips and swallowing the remaining fruit.

"Silly Daddy." She giggled, smiling brightly, her eyes widening in amusement.

Ryder gave her a mischievous smile, placing the bowl of fruit on the table. "And you, niñita, are such a giggly baby." He told her before leaning over her, tickling her sides.

Ophelia squirmed underneath him, shoving at his chest. Her laughter filled the room, her eyes tearing up. "Stop! Please stop!" She laughed, grabbing his wrists and trying to stop his tickling.

He smiled and released her sides, moving his hands to rest on either sides of her head. She kept a loose hold around his wrists, keeping him close against her. Her eyes found his and she smiled, making him smile as well. He lowered her head and placed a sweet kiss against her lips.

"Should I leave?"

Ryder quickly sat up and Ophelia turned her head, coming up onto her elbows to see Noah standing at the top of few stairs to come into the living room. He had his arms crossed, a cocky grin on his face.

Ophelia giggled once more and Ryder sat up, pulling her with him so she was in his lap. "Not at all." He replied, grinning at his friend. "We're having a little day."

"Whatever you say." Noah responded, raising his hands as if in surrender before turning on his heel and walking back into the kitchen.

Her eyes widened a bit as Ryder looked down at her. "Are we actually having a little day?" She questioned, her excitement growing at the thought alone.

"I wouldn't lie to you." Ryder answered, smiling once more. "Besides, we're already having a little day." He added, wrapping his arms around her and falling back against the couch, pulling her down on top of him.

This was going to be a good day.

-------

I know. I'm really bad with updates but I'm really working on getting more regular updates.

Thoughts on the chapter?

Any hopes for the two of them?

Until next time