|| 19 ||

"Put me down!" She squealed, lightly hitting Ryder's back as he carried her into the house. She was stuck over his shoulders, swinging with each step he took.

He lightly smacked her butt laughing as he did. "Relax little girl." He told her before setting her down on her feet in the bathroom. He ran his hands down her arms, stopping at her waist. "We will have a relaxing night. A bubble bath and plenty of cuddling."

Ophelia smiled at the thought, looking up at him. "That sounds very nice but I can't have a bubble bath." She explained. "I get bladder infections if I use bubble bath." She frowned.

Ryder tilted his head slightly, pondering this. "What about bath bombs?" He asked.

She nodded her head, smiling more. "Bath bombs are fine." She told him, watching as he crouched beside the sink, opening up the cabinet and pulling out a colorful bath bomb.

He had a satisfied look on his face, setting the bath bomb on the counter before turning the faucet on to fill the tub. Ophelia studied the colors of the bath bomb, blue and pink with a bit of yellow swirling through in a few spots. It reminded her of a galaxy, the glitter in the mixture replacing the stars.

Ryder helped her remove her clothing, setting it in a basket behind the door before. She was quick to slide into the warm water, not waiting for the tub to fill yet. He took a spot kneeling beside the tub, running his hand back and forth to make sure it was at the right temperature. Even in her little space Ophelia found her mind drifting to the possibly of bathing him him, her hands roaming slick skin.

She giggled to herself, a smile coming to her face as she shook her head. Ryder didn't ask, just watching her with amusement.

It was a minute longer before he twisted the taps, turning off the water. It was only then that he dropped the bath bomb into the water. Ophelia watched with wide eyes as the colors began to swirl around her. Pink, purple, and blue. The twisted amongst each other, leaving glitter in their path.

Ryder bathed her, pouring water over head, careful no to get the water in her eyes. She didn't mind having the glitter in her hair, thinking it would only accent her light locks. He didn't seem to mind either, humming along as he ran his fingers through her hair. 

It wasnt long before she was stepping from the tub, Ryder wrapping her in a fluffy white towel. We dried off her upper body, moving down to her legs. "What would you like to wear to bed my sweet?" He questioned, glancing up at her for a moment.

"Can I wear one of your shirts?" She asked, smiling brightly at him. She knew he wouldn't say no.

He carried her into the bedroom and set her down on the bed before retreating to the closet. He came back with a black t-shirt and a pair of silk night shorts, baby blue with a white ribbon at the front.

Ryder helped her pull on some underwear, followed by the outfit he had picked out. She waited patiently as he ran a brush through her short hair, twisting the ribbon of her shorts around her fingers to tie a bow.

When he was finished she crawled under the covers with her new stuffed dog tucked into her arms. Ryder didn't change, simply sliding in beside her. "Would you do the honor of picking the movie?" He asked, turning on the tv with the push of a button.

"I wanna watch tangled please Daddy." She repsonded, recalling her favourite movie. She wasn't sure why but she had always loved the movie.

He nodded in agreement and flipped through the selections till he found it, letting the movie begin playing.

Ophelia shifted closer to Ryder, laying her head against his chest. Her dog was laid between them, her knee pulled up to rest on its back.

Ryder rested a hand on her thigh, rubbing small circles into her skin. He placed a kiss on the top of her head. "You don't have to worry about anything. Daddy will keep you safe." He murmured, kissing her head once more.