|| 04 ||

Once Anastasia closed the door, everything came to Ophelia immediately. She had been kidnapped. She was far from her home, far from the hopes of anyone finding her. She was alone for the most part, these people here strangers that she couldn't trust. As kind as this girl seemed to be, Ophelia had no reason to trust her.

She sucked in a breath, tears promising to fall. Her eyes skipped over the room, taking in her surroundings in an attempt to think of something else.

The dark wood floors were polished and spotless. A large white bed sitting in the middle of the far wall, a dark brown bear sitting against the pillows. A flat screen TV was mounted to the wall across from the bed, a shelf settled underneath holding sentimental items. And finally, a couch sat near the door, black leather with no creases or rips that she could see.

Anastasia put a hand against Ophelia's lower back and gently nudged her forward. "You can have a shower, the bathroom is just over there." She told her, pointing to the door on the other side of the room. "I'll bring some clothes for you, anything particular you would want?" She asked.

Ophelia didn't answer, not really paying attention. Instead she was focused on the bear sitting on the bed. It looked similar to the one she had at home and thought finally brought the tears to her eyes, a few drifting down her cheeks. As much as she didn't like the way her father acted and the way he treated her, she would rather take that than being dragged out here.

She moved away from Anastasia instead heading over the bed. She carefully picked the bear up, making sure to not squeeze it too tight, her fingers gently pressing against the soft fabric. A small sob sounded from her and she wrapped her arms around the bear, closing her eyes for a moment.

Ophelia could feel herself relaxing a bit, her thoughts beginning to slow down. She felt Anastasia put her hands on her shoulders and she opened her eyes, looking up into the other girl's dark ones. "Little?" She asked, and Ophelia just nodded.

"Idiota. Realmente la jodió, ¿no?" She muttered before cupping her face, using her thumbs to wipe Ophelia's tears. "Alright sweetheart, what's your name?" She asked.

"Ophelia." She answered, offering the taller girl a smile. She loved her accent, the way her words seemed to fall like honey off her lips, the sounds smoothing together perfectly. "I like your accent." She voiced, her tears long forgotten by this girl's comfort.

Anastasia smiled, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "Thank you. Let's get you cleaned up, ¿bueno?"

She lead Ophelia into the bathroom and began to run some water into the large jacuzzi tub. The bathroom was large, a vanity mirror taking up one wall and the tub sitting into the corner. The counter top was made of a gray marble, the doors on the cabinets a spotless white.

Ophelia set the bear down on the counter as Anastasia straightened, giving her another smile. "You can take as long as you'd like. I'll leave some clothes for you on the bed when you're done. If you need anything just call my name and I'll come right away." She explained before leaving Ophelia to do as she needed.

She pushed the door shut and began to undress, leaving her uniform on the floor by the vanity before carefully stepping into the tub. She could honestly say that she had never seen a tub this size much less used one. There were jets placed around the tub, blowing at a low setting. She sunk into the water, allowing one of the jets to push against her back in a sort of massage.

Ophelia found herself slipping more into her headspace and in the moment she wanted nothing more than for Ryder to walk through that door and help her wash her hair. As scary as she found him, she also found his dominant demeanor desirable. She wanted him to take care of her just in this moment.

She began to wash her hair, using the shampoo that was sitting on the side of the tub to wash her hair. She took her time, rinsing the soap from her hair carefully to not get any water in her eyes. The longer she sat there the more her want for Ryder began to dissipate, her want to get away from him growing stronger.

Ophelia finished washing up with the vanilla scented body wash before finally stepping out of the tub. She grabbed the gray towel hanging up and used it to squeeze the water from her hair, drying it a bit before grabbing the other towel and wrapping it around herself. She dried off before finally exiting the bathroom.

As promised, a set of clothes were waiting for her on the bed. She smiled when she saw the combination, a matching black undergarment set with a pair of pastel pink shorts and a loose white knit sweater. She got changed and returned to the bathroom to tame her hair, running a brush through the short stands before grabbing the bear.

Ophelia set the bear back down on the bed, pausing a moment before leaving the bedroom. She was afraid of seeing the other people in the house but she knew that Anastasia would be there to help her. She could tell that the other girl was going to be her light in this situation.

She decided to head back towards the main area, following the sound of laughter and the light hum of conversation. She wasn't surprised to find the group sitting around the kitchen, mostly perched on the counters instead of using the chairs.

As soon as she came around the corner, all eyes fell on her. The ones that she focused on were Ryder's. He was hard to read, hiding his emotions well. He was the only one standing, leaning back against the counter with his arms crossed over his bare chest. He had changed from his original outfit into a pair of gray sweatpants, choosing to remain shirtless.

He raised an eyebrow seeing how long she was staring, making the small girl look away quickly.

Anastasia came to her side, slinging her arm over her shoulders as she began to point out each of the people in the room. She started with the two sitting on the kitchen island, the girl leaning back against the blonde guy's chest, his arms wrapped around her waist. "That's Kayla and Noah." She started, Kayla giving a wave and Noah saluting with two fingers. She then motioned to the darker haired male who was perched beside the sink. "That is Antonio, my husband." She added with a smile. "And I'm sure you already know Ryder." She concluded before returning to Antonio's side.

Ophelia just stood there awkwardly, everyone's eyes glued to her. She had never received this much attention all at once and it was making her uncomfortable. She wrapped her arms around her self, her gaze shifting to the floor.

"Do you want anything to eat?" Ryder asked, breaking the silence that had settled among the group.

Her eyes widened and she looked back over to the make. He was looking at her with sympathy, concern in his eyes. Ophelia swallowed back the lump in her throat and shook her head. "I'm not hungry." She told him. "I just want to lay down."

He opened his mouth as if to speak but Anastasia beat him to it. "You can stay in the room I showed you, honey." She told her.

Ophelia nodded and glanced back over to Ryder. He looked like he wanted to say more, his fingers twitching as if wanting to reach out towards her but deciding not to. She didn't say anything more and instead turned on her heel, returning to the room.

The conversation in the kitchen never returned, the house remaining quiet. Ophelia curled up on the far side of the bed, keeping her stuffed bear close, and once again, she found herself wishing that Ryder would walk through that door. And just like before, he never did.

---------

What do you guys think of the story so far?? I would like your honest opinion. Are you enjoying it? Is there anything that I should change? Add? Let me know what you think :)

Till next time