Twilight of the Apprentice Version 2

" Ahsoka come on!" Ezra shouted.

Ahsoka looked back. The temple walls were closing fast. She looked at Vader and back at Ezra.

" I guess, we'll have to reschedule our meeting." she called to her former master before bolting for the Phantom.

" Hurry!" Ezra yelled. Ahsoka just barely made it under. The last she saw of him was the black mask that cover the face of Anakin Skywalker.

Ahsoka took over as the pilot sense Kanan was injured. From the back she could hear Ezra crying ever so slightly. 

" There's nothing we can do now, it's over...it's all over" Kanan said wrapping an arm around his padawan

Ahsoka wished that there was something that they could do. She wished that she had time to speak with Anakin and maybe even try and turn him back to the light, now there was no telling when she would ever get the chance to see him again.

~~~~~~~ Months Later ~~~~~~~

     " Zeb? Whats going on?" Ahsoka saw him carrying Ezra in his arms with Hera, Sabine and Chopper following close behind.

" Something happened. The kids been going in and out of consciousnesses. I think it's some kinda force thing." 

Zeb placed him on a medical table. Ezra slowly started to come to again. 

" Hera?" Ezra mumbled. Hera smiled at him. " How are you feeling?" she asked, her voice drenched with concern.

" My head hurts. I need to talk to Kanan." he said out of the blue.

" Ezra...Kanan died, remember." Sabine reminded him slightly confused how he could forget something as big as his death.

" Kid, I think wherever you went really messed with your head."

Ezra then turned to Ahsoka. " Can I talk to you. Alone." the rest of the ghost crew exchanged glances with each other before leaving.

" What happened?" 

" I don't really know. I went through his portal and came to this world. It looked like space, but there were the windows."

Ahsoka tilted her head, " Windows?"

" Yeah, windows or portals of some sorts. I could see the past... I saw Kanan. It was as if I could touch him. It was that real. I'm pretty sure I could have...but I didn't. He wouldn't have wanted that."

Ahsoka could tell he had more to say. It was something he was nervous about telling. " Is there anything else you saw?"

" I saw...I saw you and Vader fighting. I think it's what would have happened if you stayed back at that temple. Ahsoka, I saw him kill you."

" I saw him kill you." echoed in her mind over and over again. She didn't think that Anakin had it in him to kill her. The again, Anakin was gone. He was Vader, but that didn't stop her from wanting to believe that a little part of him was still in there.

" Ahsoka?" Ezra's voice snapped her out of her thought.

" Do you know what happened to him after he...killed me?" she need to know if he was still alive. It would be almost impossible for anyone to survive the explosion.

" No, sorry. It didn't show what happened after."

" That's okay. Thank you for telling me. You should gets some rest, you've had quite a long day." Ahsoka got up and left Ezra to sleep. She couldn't shake the feeling that Vader was still alive. If it were the will of the force that they would meet again then so be it, until then she could only hope.