Deception Pt4 (Final)

It had been a few months since Ahsoka's death. Anakin couldn't shake the ghostly feeling that their quarters had now. He wasn't sure he would ever get used to it. He made his way to avoid anyone, aside from trips to the barracks and Padme's apartment.

He was called to the council just as he was about to go and visit his wife. He silently cursed them, but didn't have a choice.

When he entered the chamber he stood in the circle waiting for them to speak.

" A new mission we have for you." Yoda broke the uncomfortable pause.

" Great, just send me the coordinates and I'll be on my way." Anakin had no plans to stay and chat. He wanted to get it over and done with.

" I understand that you are still grieving, but that is no excuse to be rude to your masters, young Skywalker." Mace glared at him.

Shaak Ti spoke next after Mace. " Speaking of grieving, how long has it been since..."

" Three months and twelve days." Anakin responded rather quickly.

Some of the members exchanged glances, mostly saddened expressions.

" I'm sorry about that. I know this is very hard on you." Shaak offered her condolences.

" Seeing how much time has passed, now is the time of year where you should be choosing a possible suitor as your padawan." Mace said carefully, but Anakin only heard it one way.

" You want me to replace Ahsoka just like that?!"

" That's not what I said."

" Yes it is. I will never take on another apprentice. No one can replace Ahsoka. I don't care how skilled or smart they are, I can guarantee you they don't even come close in comparison to her."

" Ask you can, when you are ready." Yoda said, settling the disagreement. " Sent you the location I have. Go and stop the Separatist you must."

Anakin left the council feeling angrier than he ever had before with them. Of course he wasn't over her death yet. How could he be. Though now he had a mission to relive some of that anger.

He reminded himself that he did still have people in his life that he would do anything for. He wasn't going to abandon what was left of his family, in fact he wished he could spend the rest of his life with them.

     " Keep pushing forward Rex!" Anakin called back to his captain and rest of his troops.

" How much longer do you think we got until they surrender, General?" Rex yelled over the blaster fire and explosions.

" If they're smart, it should be soon!" Anakin deflected another shot back at a B1 droid. He was glad to be back on the field because he got to be away from the temple and the Jedi. The action kept his mind off of the recent events that happened as well.

Just as the last droid was cut down, a whole new wave spilled out of nowhere, along with another familiar face. Anakin sighed, they would just have to hold on a little longer.

" Ah, Skywalker," a metallic voice shouted, " prepare to be destroyed." Grievous spun his lightsabers as he jumped at Anakin.

" If only that were true." his snarkiness showing through again. The droids continued past the two saber wielding duo.

Anakin occasionally looked back to see if his men were doing okay. It worried him when more and more were disappearing, he quickly returned his attention back to his fight.

" You seem scared, Skywalker." the general cackled. He then kicked the knight in the stomach, sending him flying back. Anakin hit his head on a rock, but he didn't waste any time getting back to his feet. " I see that you don't have your pet to watch your back."