Deception Pt 3

Anakin stood before the council. He didn't know how he had the capability to stand there without completely going into a fit of rage, but somehow he was keeping his composure.

" Tragic it is that Ahsoka is one with the force. Never supposed to happen this was. Forever she will be remembered." Yoda closed his eyes and bowed his head in respect for the lost padawan.

Mace Windu crossed his arms. " I'm sorry Skywalker. We should have told Hardeen to wait until Obi Wan was alone to decrease the chance of mistakes like this."

Anakin closed his medal fist so hard, he was sure there would be indents from his fingers.

" So that's it? You're not going to admit that you were wrong. You could have at least told me about the assignment. Maybe that way, Ahsoka and I wouldn't have been with Obi Wan!" he shouted at the council, " Because of you, my padawan is dead!"

" Like we said, it wasn't supposed to happen." Mace repeated, looking at his fellow council members who some nodded their head in agreement while others seemed to be taking Anakin's words pretty hard.

" I can't believe this. You're just going to ignore the fact that because of your stupid decision to trust a bounty hunter, someone died!" Anakin turned to Master Plo Koon, " Why aren't you saying anything! Ahsoka trusted you and now she's dead." he glared at the Jedi master who sat in silence.

" I'm sorry Skywalker. I truly am." Plo said, his voice full of guilt and regret.

" Tell her that." Anakin ignored the swift meaningless apology; giving the entire counsel one last icy scowl before turning his back on them and leaving, not a moment too soon either. The moment that he was out of their presence he could stop being strong. He walked back to his quarters. He hesitated outside the door. Taking a deep breath, he put in the pass code. The door swished open.

It looked exactly how they left it. A few dirty dishes in the kitchenette from that morning's breakfast. He had told her that it was her turn to wash it, but as usual she said that she would do it later. There were spare parts on the living room table from the week before. He was trying to teach Ahsoka more about his hobby of fixing droids. Anakin felt a lump in his throat as he entered the shared quarters. It was eerie now. He couldn't stand being there without her. It just wasn't right.

He found himself walking towards his padawan's room that was left open due to the sliding door's malfunction. He couldn't help but give a sad smile at the messy bedroom. The covers were thrown on the floor as well as clothes and random gadgets.

Anakin sat down on the edge of her bed in silence. He suddenly felt a wave of emotion, coming to realization that she was truly gone. Warm tears trickled down his cheeks, making his eyes burn. He picked up a small tooka doll resting beside her pillow next to him.

" Oh, Snips." he hugged the toy and set it back in its place where she had left it. He started to get up, but the night table drawer caught his attention. It was half open and shoved inside was a notebook.

" I didn't know she had a journal" he sat back down and opened the book. The pages were filled with his Snip's handwriting.

" Entry one..." he began.

I'm back at the temple after my first mission as a padawan. I was assigned to Master Skywalker. Can you believe it? The chosen one! I almost fainted when Master Yoda told me. Anyways, he didn't seem too thrilled about the assignment, but I think we'll be great friends some day. After all, he is stuck with me. When the mission was over, I felt that we already bonded. I best be getting to bed, we have another mission tomorrow.

Anakin wiped another tear away. " Really Ahsoka, you almost fainted." he chuckled despite his sadness. He never knew how much she had idolized him. He skipped a few pages to the more recent ones.

" Entry thirty three..."

Today the clones came back from Umbara. I heard that Master Krell was a traitor and that he made the 501st and 212th fight each other. I can't believe a Jedi would do such a thing. I went to check up on Rex and others. They were more tired than usual which was to be expected. Rex told me all the details. He said how Krell called them by their numbers and intentionally put them in danger. I can't even imagine how that felt. Fives invited me to spend the night in the barracks. We watched movies on the holonet and ate junk food. I guess they needed to forget the horrors of that planet. No matter the cost I will always protect my men, even if it kills me.

Anakin stared at the page. She was always thinking of others before herself. She was kind and thoughtful, probably more than anyone he knew. He read more of her writing until he came to the end.

The last few pages had pictures. His heart softened at the page's title:

My Family.

The first photo glued to the paper was of her and Rex repainting his armor. Anakin was sure it was now their tradition to touch up the paint job after a dirty mission. Another was of her and Padme baking. He recalled the cookies they made, some of the best he's ever tasted. There was one of Obi Wan teaching her how to make tea properly, which she would drink every morning from then on.

Lastly was a picture of them. It was on her lifeday. The photo was of her hugging him. He gently touched the colored paper.

" Hey Snips." he whispered, " I know you would be angry that I'm reading through your journal, but, you have no idea how much I miss you right now. I don't-I don't know how to move on from this." he sniffled. " I wish I could have told you how much you meant to me." he closed the book and set it on top of the table.

He walked out of her room. It was quiet.

He hated it.

I feel so bad for Anakin 😔Again, sorry that this isn't really on an updating schedule. School for me is over in three weeks, well the last week is exams so really only two weeks. I promise that this will have more updates after that. I've seen the requests and I haven't forgotten abt them:) Thanks for being patient!

-Chopper457💙🧡🤍