Victory and Death(Another Can be Viewed as Rexsoka)

" Can't hold them off! There's too many of them!" Rex yelled back as a shot when through this pauldron. 

Ahsoka saw that he was getting overwhelmed, but she was so close.

Just a little longer, she begged as the the shuttle was coming closer.

Rex was doing the best he could to defend her. He would take a bullet for her if necessary.

" Ahsoka!" he yelled. Just as he turned his head he caught a glimpse of Jesse aiming his gun at her.

" No, JESSE DON'T DO IT!" for a second he could swear that Jesse hesitated. He hoped that he would snap out from under the chip's control, but all that hope disappeared when he saw him fire a shot.

" NO!"

He only had a split second to see the blast rip through the back of Ahsoka causing her to fall to her knees.

 Rex dodged another bullet. The only thought going through his mind was to get Ahsoka out of the way of any more harm. He dropped to the ground and picker her up. Maul had already escaped so now they were out of a ride off the the crashing ship.

" Do something. I need time to tend to her wounds!" he ordered the droids that still remained.

Ahsoka felt pain. She heard Rex scream and that's when she felt it.  The next thing she knew Rex was by her side picking her up bridal style.

" R-ex." she tried to speak, but any movement made her chest ache and hurt to breathe.

" I'm here, I'm here." Rex took cover behind a stack of crates. " We don't have much time before the men get back up here."

" Le-ave me." Ahsoka sputtered coughing up the slightest bit of blood.

Rex took his helmet off so he could look her in the eye. " No, I'm not leaving you Ahsoka."

" You ha-ve to Rex." she reached up and touched his face, " Please."

Rex felt a tear run down his face. " I- I can't do that." just then the platforms started to come back up. 

" You have-you have to go now." Ahsoka gasped. Rex didn't move. She knew he wouldn't, so she did what she had to do. There had to be another craft on maintenance. There wasn't a lot of time. 

" I love you Rex." she mustered up the rest of her energy and force pushed him away.

" Wait, NO! Ahsoka!"

 He had the droids and they would help him escape which made her feel a little better knowing that he would have a better chance of survival. She took her last breath and joined the force.

     After the Venator crashed, Rex spent time burying his brothers. He was lucky that there was indeed a functional ship in maintenance. He searched for the more bodies of his fallen brothers. Instead he found the body of his Commander.

" Ahsoka?" he turned her over. He knew it was foolish to hope she was still alive.

" I am so sorry. It should have been you who survived, not me." he cried, bringing her corpse to his chest, hugging her.

He stayed like that until he couldn't cry anymore. It was getting late and the air was getting cold.

He carried her body to the makeshift graveyard that he made. He carefully laid her in the dirt.

" Goodbye Ahsoka." he almost broke on the words that he never got tell her when she was still alive. " I love you too."