|Chapter 6|

"Hello, Y/n," Lucius greeted me.

"Hello," I greeted him back. He had a lot of bags in his hands. I offered to help with them, but he insisted he could take care of it.

"I, um, actually finished already, so I was gonna go," I told him.

Lucius turned around after putting all of the bags down on the far side of the room. "Why don't you stay and have some tea?" he questioned.

I nodded. "Alright."

He led me upstairs and to his kitchen. I pretended to notice everything for the first time. While Lucius was on the other side of the island making tea, I looked at his decorations.

After the tea was done, we sat on the sofa and talked. He asked me about my classes and if I liked the professors. I told him the work was easy and most of the professors were okay.

"Except for Snape..." I paused, remembering what he and Narcissa did. And poor Lucius didn't know.

"Erm... I think there is something you should know about him, Lucius," I said.

He gave me a confused look. "And what may that be?" he asked

I sat there awkwardly and shifted uncomfortably in my spot.

"He-um... That first day I came here to discuss schedules, remember? When you and your wife were fighting... after I left I saw Snape and her making out in the corridor..." I confessed

His eyes widened. "I knew it. That dirty little-" Lucius cut himself off. "Sorry, didn't mean to say that," he apologized.

"So, what are you gonna do now?" I questioned him.

"I'm gonna divorce Narcissa," he said.

I looked at him. It was the right decision. I took a sip of my tea and studied his face. It was hard to read at the moment.

"I'm sorry," I said to him. He looked up and met my eyes.

"Don't be. It was an arranged marriage anyway," he told me. I raised my eyebrows.

I couldn't imagine being in an arranged marriage...

"Oh. Well, that still makes me sorry that you were in one," I replied, making him laugh a little.

I finished the last of my tea and sat it on the table in front of the sofa, then crossed my legs.

"What kinds of books did you read when you used to a lot?" I asked a random question to change the subject.

"Hmm... sometimes romance. Maybe mystery. I liked poems," he answered.

I nodded. "Cool."

"Mhm," Lucius hummed.

I glanced up at the clock on his wall. "It's almost time for dinner. I should probably get going," I said. Lucius looked at the clock as well.

"It is indeed. Yes, you better leave," he replied.

"Thank you for the tea, Lucius," I thanked him.

"Anytime," he said, smiling.

I stood up from the sofa, grabbing my tea and handing it to Lucius, who was also standing up. I left the quarters and walked down the spiral staircase. Once in the office, I grabbed my coat and exited, slipping it on while closing the door.

__

During dinner, I ate mashed potatoes, chicken legs, corn, and some chocolate cake for dessert.

I walked back to the common room with Cho and Luna. We sat and talked for a while, but eventually went to our dorm.

I changed into some night clothes and fell asleep around 10.