|Chapter 1|

I was sitting at the Ravenclaw table beside my friends, Cho Chang and Luna Lovegood. We had been friends since we had met on the train ride to Hogwarts. ( I think Luna's supposed to be a year younger but I decided to put her in your year).

Anyways, I was sitting at the table in between the two, lost in thought, when I heard a loud crash. I shook away my thoughts and looked up.

I noticed two fiery red patches of hair bouncing up and down from laughter. I looked in front of them, knowing someone had been pranked.

Then I saw Ron sitting at the table, but it wasn't just ordinary Ron, his hair was blue. I got my friends' attention and pointed at the scene.

They laughed with me, which caused Ron to give me a death stare. We were good friends with them, but I teased him most of the time. Eventually, I stopped laughing.

I was getting tired, so I stood up from the table and made my way toward the Ravenclaw common room. It was only the 3rd week of school and I was already sick of it.

I walked into the large, open room, inhaling deeply and letting it out in a large sigh. I heard someone coming in behind me and spotted Cho's dark hair in the corner of my eye. She just smiled at me and sank down next to me on the couch. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes.

I was half asleep when I heard the door to the common room open. Cho and I looked up to see professor Mcgonagall walk in.

Why is she in here?

She looked toward me and said "miss l/n, may I speak to you for a moment?" A look of confusion came across my face, but I brushed it away and stood up, following her outside of the common room.

She stopped outside the door and said "Mr. Malfoy has lost yet another elf, and I was wondering if you would do the job and be his 'helper' after school and on the weekends for him. You are the best student for the job, since you are responsible, and seem to be good at showing up at an appropriate time."

I gazed at her.

"M-Mr. Malfoy? Um, I suppose I could," I replied.

she gave me a nod of approval. "Right. You'll need to be there within 10 minutes to discuss the schedule with Mr. Malfoy," she informed me. I nodded and turned on my heel, walking back inside the common room.

"Cho, you will never believe what I've been asked to do."

"What?"

"I've been asked to assist Mr. Malfoy until he gets another house-elf."

She looked at me in shock. "Mr. Malfoy?! Oh, Y/n I feel so bad for you."

I nodded and yawned. "I'm gonna head to his office to discuss the schedule, I'll be back soon, Cho."

I walked out of the large room and down the long, wide halls of Hogwarts. I took many turns until I finally reached a large wooden door. I could hear two people on the other side. It sounded as if they were arguing about something.

"Narcissa, you can't just go around other men all the time! You're a cheater!" I heard someone shout. I assumed it was Lucius.

"I am not cheating on you, Lucius! Don't you understand? You get paranoid when I go within 20 feet of another man!" I heard the shuffle of footsteps, then something small break, most likely a vase of some sort.

The next thing I know, the door swings open, and out steps Narcissa Malfoy, her hair pulled back with her bag in hand. She glances over at me, annoyed, and walks away. Her heels click as she walks faster with each step.