|Chapter 12|

I stay locked in the bathroom for eternity until I hear a loud knock on the door.

"Is everything alright in there, Y/n?" It's Lucius.

I swing around and open the door, faking a smile.

"Yes. I was just washing my hands," I lie. He nods and turns on his heel, and I follow after him.

After returning to my spot on the floor, I slip my gloves back on and continue scrubbing.

Around 10 minutes later, someone knocks on the door, which results in Lucius looking up from the papers splayed across his desk. He moves swiftly across the floor and to the door, opening it and greeting whoever was there.

I can make out Professor McGonagall's face in front of him.

"Mr. Malfoy, may I speak to you," her lips are pursed. She notices me and her eyes drill into mine for a few seconds. Lucius nods, and steps into the hall, pulling the door with him, not quite closing it all of the way.

The two of them speak in hushed voices, so I can't make out anything they're saying. Once they are finished, he steps back inside and closes the door behind him.

"You- um. You can finish up and leave if you'd like," he stares at the floor.

"Oh, ok." As I tidy up and put the supplies back in the closet, I wonder what they talked about.

Was it bad? Or about me? I had no way of knowing, but I wanted to know badly, so while I was putting my coat on, I questioned him.

"Uh, what did the two of you speak about?"

"I do not believe that is any of your concern, Y/n," his gaze is still fixed on the floor.

"Fine," I sigh. "Goodbye, Mr. Malfoy."

Finally, he looks over at me. I hadn't called him that in forever. Before he can say anything, I exit his office and take off in a rush. It's not like I had anywhere to be, but in my mind, I had decided that anywhere but with him would be fantastic.

____________

I walk down to the great lake and sit in the snow, making tiny snowmen. When I complete a whole family, I smile and admire my work. I imagine that I am the mother, Lucius is the father, and the child is ours.

I wish.

I hear footsteps crunching in the snow behind me and whip my head around to see who it is.

"What do you want?" I turn back around and stare at my snowmen.

Maybe I don't wish.

"Why did you call me Mr. Malfoy?"

"Why did you follow me, Lucius?" I start to get irritated.

"I asked you a question, Y/n."

"I asked you one too. And why does it matter? It's just a name," I'm still staring at the miniature creation displayed in front of me. I remember what they are representing and immediately destroy them in one sweep of my arm, hoping Lucius didn't notice it.

"Look at me, woman," he insists. I blink up at him wordlessly.

"Say something, for Merlin's sake!"

"Leave, Mr. Malfoy," I tell him.

"No." He picks the bottom of his coat up and sits down next to me, his eyes holding mine in place. I can't look away, because it feels as if he is freezing my eyes in place.

"Just leave me alone, please. You told me I could leave, so I left. You've followed me out into the freezing cold and now you're sitting beside me, refusing to leave me alone. Do you get a rise out of pestering me or what, Mr. Malfoy?, Oh yeah, and let's not forget the fact that you're upset because I called you by your respective name!" I admit and look back down at the disturbed snow lying in front of my crossed legs.

"Y/n, look at me."

I don't.

"Now."

I turn my head to look at him, and when I do his lips smash into mine. I pause in shock and pull away. I stare at him with wide eyes, and he stares back, showing concern that I might not have wanted it, but I realize this was actually all I ever wanted. I return my lips to him in one hard motion. He snakes his hands down to my waist and I grip the back of his neck with my right hand, my left on his jaw, pulling him in as much as I can. I can feel the light stubble on his face and sweep my thumb over it.

"I'm sorry," he whispers into my mouth. I smile.

Once I realize I'm going to suffocate if I don't stop, I pull away, breathing heavily. But I don't want him to think I'm going to give my complete attention yet. It'll only make him cockier.

"Apology accepted," I stand up. "Have a good day, Lucius," and I walk away, heading for my dorm.