|Chapter 10|

I set off towards the Ravenclaw common room, the freezing air making me dig my face deeper into my scarf.

The people who were in the common room before I left were gone by now, and it was completely empty. Cho was sitting in her bed and staring out the window at the snow. "Has Luna come through recently?" I asked while placing the box into my trunk. "I haven't seen or heard her since she woke up this morning and left for a walk," Cho replied, getting out of bed.

"Oh ok. I'm gonna go look for her. Wanna come with me?"

"Mmm I was gonna hang out in here and read a book or something but I suppose I could come with you. It is Luna after all. I wanna know she's alright," Cho started to head to the bathroom. I sat down on my bed and waited for her to get ready.

When she was done, we left and started to walk through the halls a little. Luna didn't seem to be walking around inside. She wasn't in the library, any of the bathrooms, or in the great hall.

"We should split up and look outside," I suggested. Cho agreed and I went to the courtyard. No Luna.

I went down to the lake and looked around the shore.

Just as I was about to head back up to the castle, I saw someone leaning against a tree.

I started to walk toward them, cupping my hands around my mouth and shouting, "Luna! Is that you?"

The person didn't move, so I shouted again, "Luna!"

Nothing. The sound of the wind howling and the snow shooting through the air didn't help either.

Ugh.

"Lunaaaa!"

Finally, I got close enough to see if it was her or not.

"Oh my! Luna?" I shook her body. She didn't respond.

Is she alive?

Yes, she's alive. Her mouth was parted and she was breathing shallow breaths.

I don't know if I can lift her...

I started to lift her from under her arms.

Wow. She is insanely light.

"Come on, Luna," I said under my breath.

After managing to hoist her over my shoulder, I started to trudge towards the castle. Once I had gotten past the uphill part, it was way easier. I walked as fast as I could to the hospital wing.

When I burst through the doors, Madam Pomfrey rushed out of her office and saw Luna's limp body hanging over my shoulder.

"My goodness, what happened?!" she brought us to a bed and helped me lay Luna down.

"I'm not really sure... I found her outside against a tree. It's hard to tell how long she was out there. Will she be alright?" I explained.

"She will probably be fine. It's a good thing you found her. The poor girl might not have been okay out there any longer!"

__

I had to leave the hospital wing to find Cho and fill her in on what happened. She immediately rushed to Luna and stayed by her side. After a while, Luna started to wake up.

"Where am I?" she asked.

"Y/n found you outside against a tree. Do you remember what happened?" Cho said.

"Well, I went for a walk around 7 am. Then I got tired... I sat down for a few minutes," she recalled everything she did.

"Oh, Luna. You were out there for so long!" I felt so sorry for the poor girl.

"Thank you for helping me, Y/n," Luna smiled.

"It's what friends do," I smiled back.

__

Madam Pomfrey said Luna had to stay in the hospital wing until tomorrow because she had a cold and needed to rest. Cho and I had to leave so she could sleep. We played board games in the common room for a little while and talked about random stuff.

"So... where were you last night?" Cho asked me.

I froze. "I- uh... I was with Lucius," I confessed.

She arched a brow. "Oh?"

"It's not like that. I'll explain everything." I said.

"Alright, spill," she got more comfortable and waited for me to speak.

"Okay... so when I told you I was gonna get a drink I talked to Lucius, but left and sat with Luna. When I finished my drink I was still thirsty so I went back for a refill. I was about to go back to Luna when Malfoy stopped me and insulted me. A lot-" I was cut off by Cho.

"Wait- what did he say? I swear if he hurt you bad I will-"

"Cho... I'm alright. Really. After that, I went outside because I didn't wanna be there at the moment. I was sitting by the fountain when Lucius came out of nowhere. We ended up talking a lot. I was cold so he gave me his jacket. A slow song came on and we could hear it so we danced" I paused.

"Wait- danced?"

"Yes, Cho."

"Anyways, he knew I was upset so I told him about Malfoy. Lucius ended up taking me to his quarters and I told him what Malfoy said. It was too late to go back and Filch would catch me so I slept in his bed and he took the sofa. I had to wear his clothes because I didn't have any. The end," I ended my story.

"Wow, Y/n you slept in his bed?!" She stared at me wide-eyed.

"Yes, Cho. He was on the couch though. It's alright. And he's more like a friend to me anyway," I said, a little sad.

__

Dinner came around, it was pretty average, except we were missing Luna.

I went to bed early that night. Luna would be back tomorrow.