|Chapter 16|

Lucius opened the door that led into his living quarters, and I was greeted with the familiar scent of him. He took my hand and guided me to the stool that sat in front of the island in his kitchen.

I watched as Lucius boiled water in the kettle for some tea. "What do you like in yours?" He glanced over at me. "Just 2 sugars, please," my eyes stared back into his. He hummed to show that he heard the request.

As he poured the boiling water into 2 cups, I took a moment to look around his kitchen. Sure, I had been in here plenty of times, but everything always seemed new each time I entered. From the corner of my eye, I noticed Lucius reaching up and taking sugar from the cabinet.

He dropped 2 cubes of sugar into one of the tea cups and picked both of them up, bringing himself around the island. "Thank you," I smiled lightly at him and took my drink from his hands. "My pleasure," he replied whilst situating himself on the stool next to mine.

I sipped on the tea lightly, making sure to be cautious considering it was piping hot. As the warm liquid entered my stomach, I realized how tired I was beginning to feel. Can sex make you that tired? I didn't even notice the number of times I yawned while we sat and drank our tea until Lucius chuckled and said, "Are you tired, love?"

My ears heated up. I don't know why but I was a tad bit embarrassed. I nodded, "Just a little."

Lucius' lips pulled up into a small smile as he studied my face. "Come on," he grabbed my arm and pulled me off of my seat, then leaned down and snaked one arm around the back of my legs, the other resting on my lower back. Before I could do anything else, he picked me up and walked me to his bedroom.

He nudged open the door by shoving his foot in the slight crack, then walked toward the bed. "Lucius, what are you doing?" I questioned. "Taking you to bed," he said calmly. I giggled as Lucius laid me down and pulled the blankets over my body. I stared up at him, "What are you going to do, then?"

"I'm not exactly sure. I suppose I may find something to work on in my office," he watches as I shift the pillow behind my head. I frown. "No," I pause to take hold of his wrist. "You're staying."

He raises an eyebrow. "You want me to stay with you?" He questions and I nod.

"Alright. I'll stay," Lucius walks around the bed and climbs under the covers next to me. I turn on my side to face him, and he does the same. My eyes bore into his, and our eyes locked onto each other. His lips pull up into a smile, causing my eyebrows to knit together in confusion. "What?" I question him. "Nothing," he smiles even bigger.

I roll my eyes. "Seriously, Lucius? What is it?" I stare at him.

"It's just that..." he averts his gaze so that he's staring at the sheets. "Come on, tell me," I grow impatient.

"You're just so beautiful," he brings his eyes back up to lock them with mine.

My eyes soften and I smile lightly. My cheeks and ears heat up, and I know that I'm as red as a tomato right now. Part of it is from embarrassment and the other part is because I didn't believe he could see me as even pretty, let alone beautiful.

"Oh... Thank you, Lucius," I escape his stare and soon it's my turn to stare at the sheets. "No need to thank me, dear."

He sits up slightly and reaches over towards me, then flips my body so that I am facing the opposite direction. I lay there in silence and wait for anything. Suddenly, I feel his body being pressed against my back. I smile widely. Lucius snakes his arm around my torso and I bring my hand down to hold his. I intertwine our fingers whilst Lucius nuzzles his face into my neck.

Once he's finally settled, I flutter my eyes shut and listen to his breathing pattern. Before I realize it, I drift off into a deep slumber.

It isn't until I hear hushed voices speaking at the door of Lucius' chambers that I wake up.