~The Break In

"Hello-o. Jabe?" A voice echo's through the door. Meanwhile drunk Xavier tosses silver spoons at Jabeth's portrait, grumbling to himself.

SHIT. Who is it? They sound pretty familiar.

"Jabeth, hello-o..? FUCKER ARE YOU IN THERE?!" The visitor bangs against the door, and I jump.

I whirl around, facing Zuko. WHO IS IT? I mouth. But he just blinks.

I scowl. I KNOW YOU CAN UNDERSTAND ME.

In turn he starts to lick his leg, and I growl in frustration.

"Shh! He's probably not home," another voice says, older then the first one. Where have I heard them before..?

Xavier sniffs and throws a spoon at Jabeth portrait, which bounces off his painted nose and clatters to the floor. "Stupid Jabeth. Stupid Spoon!"

"Hey, someone's in there. HELLO?"

"No there isn't." The voice responds.

"Yes there is, I heard someone talking."

I freeze in my spot, blood going cold.

I groan and rip my hands through my hair. Where is Jabeth, he should've been back by now. What could be so important that he disappears and leaves me with drunk Xavier?

Oh for fucks sake, what do I do?

"Jabeth? Hello. Come on man, let us in. Don't make me break the door down." The voice pounds on the door.

B-B-Break the door down?!

"Like you could break the door down."

"Shut up!"

"Thad, he's not home. Why bother, he could be in the shower."

Thad?

Thad. Thad. Thad.. Where have I heard that name. That voice. It matches up somehow?

"Oh come on, Hen, live a little, won't you?"

Hen? Thad.

I feel my blood drain. Xavier watches me, bored with his spoons. "Ooh, lightbulb."

Thad.

As in Thaddeus.

As in, Thaddeus Blackwell.

And Hen for, Henry Blackwell, his brother.

HOLY shit. The Prince's of the Hells. Jabeth's-

'BAM'

I jump as the doors to the west wing fly off the hinges and drop to the floor to reveal two teenagers and a billow of purple and black magic sparkle a golden cloud.

-brothers..

FU-SHI-DAM-CRAP!

I think fast and dive onto the nearest couch just as the magic settles, face down on a pillow. I make my body limp as I pretend to sleep, although I am wide eyed against the fabric.

Foot steps 'click' and 'clack' as the boys enter, and I can almost imagine their faces, looking through the room skeptically. "Hey, Jabe! You here?"

One of the boys, who I believe is Thaddeus, clicks his tongue. "Do you hear any water running? Cause I don't."

The other boy, Henry, scoffs. "Don't be a smart-ass, Thad."

"WHERE IS MY MONEY?"

I sigh as quiet and heavily as I can. He just had to talk.