~The Scarf

The Hell's are nothing like what I imagined. I knew that they took on the 'modern' human facade and that the Hell's is more of a city then a kingdom, but this just takes the cake.

The sky is black, except for a few dark grey clouds floating through the sky. The city bustles, with tall buildings and long streets with millions of people striding through. Cars, trains and buses work down the streets and murmurs of crowds catch my attention.

"I thought that the weather cast said it would be thundering?" Xavier looks to Jabeth, but he just shrugs. "Things change."

We scoot out of the booth and I dart for the trains exit, eager to feel the warm wind on my skin and the crisp air. I slide open the door, welcoming the gentle breeze of- HOLY SHIT!! It's freezing!

I feel like a shaking popsicle when a hand jerks me back and shuts the door.

Jabeth's hand is curled around my elbow and Xavier jogs to us. "Um, I don't think that's wise for a newcomer."

Jabeth rolls his eyes. "You think?"

I swallow and tuck my hands to my chest, my teeth still ice cold. "Yeah. I forgot it was winter here." I rub my arms, trying to warm myself.

Jabeth looks out the window of the train car, his eyebrows creased in the center slightly. "The're too many people. Besides, you can't go out in that attire," he gestures to my jeans, calf boots and sweater. "You'll freeze."

Xavier surveys my outfit and walks back to the doctor's bag Jerny lended me. "Have you got anything else?"

I shake my head.

He survey's my clothes and scowls when he see's repeats of my current outfit. "Seriously?"

Jabeth sighs and lets go of my elbow before hurrying to the back of the train car, where a storage closet stands. He opens the door and surveys the items when he pulls out a heavy winter coat and a pair of fleece leggings.

He throws them to me and gestures to a changing room. I hurry inside and close the door before slumping down the bench.

I'm here. I'm actually here! And those stars.. Mnn, they are so beautiful. It's a dream come true. I could have stared at those for years.

I strip down and shimmy into the clothes Jabeth gave me. Speaking of my betrothed, I still can't wrap my mind around him.

When I jumped, I was sure I would have died. But then Jabeth catched me, and he looked so scared.. I thought he hated me.

I guess not.

For some reason, I feel satisfied with that answer. And he had talked to me so softly..

Once I'm dressed I head out of the dressing room, stuffing my clothes into Jerny's doctors bag.

He had said he saved me because I was a future Queen, but I don't think that's the case. He was so gentle with me.. I wonder what he's thinking about me being here. Has he figured out my reason for coming? If so, is he happy with it?

No, not happy. Is he.. okay, with it? I can still feel his touch from when he held my elbow through my sweater.

I grab my bag and ready for the cold. Xavier goes to open the door, "Are you ready?"

I nod, excited and anxious. I could be killed, but I'm not scared.

Xavier twists the handle when Jabeth stops him. "Wait."

We both look to him, who assess's my outfit with calculating brown eyes. "Your face is still too noticeable."

I almost blush. Too noticeable? Still?