~The Breakfast

I tap my finger impatiently, waiting for whats her name to arrive. My stomach is grumbling so loudly I'm sure that the whole palace can hear it. But, as custom in the Realms. Meals do not start until everyone is accountable.

The room is rather chatty, my Father and the King of the Heaven's, are both talking to their own people. My Father, to Henry while Xavier and Thad speak about their opinion's on the palace's guest wing. Meanwhile, Xavier's eyes continue to flick to the pretty blonde haired and freckle faced girl sitting beside of a man, probably in his early forties. She looks about my age, with wavy hair and a cute nose.

But my taste in women is, none. Xavier on the other hand finds her very distracting.

I roll my eyes and lean sideways, to Xavier beside me. He looks at me and I whisper, "If you keep ogling at the princess, she will probably beat the shit out of you."

Xavier snorts and narrows his eyes. "Ogling? I'm looking at the King you dipstick." He juts his chin to the King, whom is in deep conversation with whom I believe is his enchanter.

I shake my head, "You can't fool me that easily, Plume."

Xavier grins and looks at Thad.

I look back at the blonde girl. She looks polite with a hint of mischief in her green eyes. If anything, it reminds me of Xavier.

I furrow my brow, I'm almost positive she's her sister. I don't stay up to date with the status's in the Heaven's. My business lies in the Hell's.

But that's when I remember my father's words. 'I am engaging you to King Wyatt's only daughter.'

So that can't be her daughter. If the King's daughter is my.. ahem.. wow, I can't even say it, my 'fiance'. Then that can't be a relative. Maybe a friend? Or a cousin?

Her head turns my way and our eyes meet. I stare, unblinking, meanwhile she flushes deeply, her eyes dilating as she turns away. Hiding her face with her hair.

I fight the urge to roll my eyes. Oh brother, it's one of those girls. Probably another stalker. Those type of people I stay away from.

Suddenly the dining room doors open, and whats her name (Oh yeah, Josie. Pardon, I forgot easily) enters. She smiles at her people, giving a fleeting smile as she hurriedly takes her seat. She bows her head to her father and knits her brows together. "I'm sorry your Majesty, forgive my tardiness."

I nod my head, eyebrows raised slightly. Good thing she respects her elders. Look, she even has the decency to blush.

The King smiles warmly at her, "Of course my child, you're normally tardy anyway." He gestures at the table, when suddenly servants rush in. Sliding silver platters onto the table in perfect formation, two in a row. Thad and Henry watch in joy, while Xavier watches in amusement, my father in gratitude and me in analyzation. Mother would be displeased, she was always the one who taught me what the Risen are really like. Arrogant. Self-Righteous.

Once every dish is set from the King to my father, he snaps his finger, causing the lids to evaporate into gold and white dust remains of his magic. Exposing steaming, cold and fresh food. "Enjoy."

Thad, Henry, and the blonde girl immediately grab for their food.

I blink. Seriously?

It's technically custom for the King's or rulers to be served first, but from the look on Father's and his Majesties face, they don't mind one bit.

Hospitality I hope.

I survey the food, making sure it's nothing poisonous. Whole wheat rolls stuffed with cranberry jam, maple syrup glazed bacon, deviled, boiled, scrambled, fried and poached eggs seasoned with dehydrated lime, salt and chili powder. Many more options as well.