Chapter 2

Ivan's P.O.V.

Sitting in my office room, I was in deep thoughts. The new assistant has a name which is close to my heart. Hazel. Talk about coincidences. Here, I was trying not to think about Vena but now everyday I'll be reminded about her.

I received a call on the intercom. It was Iliana.

"Ivan, I need to leave office soon. If you need anything, please contact Hazel", she said and my grip on the phone tightened.

"Tell me her intercom number", I asked.

"She's in my cabin only. I'll see you later", she said and I agreed. I stared at my phone for a few seconds. Should I see the new girl or not?

Does this girl named Hazel justifies her name? Vena has beautiful eyes, that's why I gave her this name. I like this name only because of her. It's funny how everyone has a name but some people's personality and faces don't go well with their names.

I forced myself to work on my presentation for next half an hour. My eyes were landing on the intercom every now and then. I was getting impatient. I need to see this girl.

Unable to control myself, I dialled the number. After five rings, I heard a soft voice.

"Hello", she said.

"Hello, Is Hazel speaking?", I asked.

"Yes", she said.

"Ivan here. Can I see you in my office for a second?", I asked.

"Sure sir", she said and hung up.

Ten minutes passed away and there was so sign of Hazel. I was becoming impatient. I was scrolling Instagram on my laptop screen to kill the time. What's taking her so long to come?

A sudden knock on my door made me jump a bit. I calmed my senses, adjusted my hair and hand pressed my tie. I rested my back on my chair in a comfortable position.

"Come in", I said and fixed my eyes on the laptop screen. The door was opened and I could hear my heart beat drumming inside my ear.

You're hoping for a magic to happen right. You badly want it to be Vena. Don't you?, my inner self commented.

"Yes. How may help you?", a familiar voice echoed in my ears. I looked up and was disappointed. Iliana was standing in front of me.

Why did she come?

"What are you doing here? Didn't you call me to say you're leaving the office?", I asked. I couldn't hide tone of complaint in my voice.

"Wow you must want me to get out of this company badly. But sadly, that's not gonna happen", she said and I just rolled my eyes. Iliana is taking advantage of being a friend. I don't allow anyone to talk back with me but she's just getting the advantage.

"What do you want?", I asked.

"You tell me what do you want? You've called Hazel to see you in the office", She said.

"Are you Hazel?", I asked.

"No. I've sent her for an important meeting with a client. She's outside the office. I am here to invite you for my baby shower tonight", she said as she handed me a proper card invitation.