Chapter 8

Ivan's P.O.V.

I looked up from my laptop screen and glanced at Hazel. She was busy arranging my schedule for next week on her laptop. Sitting on the couch in front of me, her eyes never left the screen. My eyes were finding it hard to focus on my work. They were finding her face more attractive and entertaining. A small frown was formed on her forehead as she stopped typing and glared some more at the screen. She looked in some deep thinking.

My mobile rang. Reluctantly, I looked away from her beautiful face to my boring mobile screen. It was from Emma. Last week, I told Emma about Hazel and she's been sucking my blood out to invite Hazel for a dinner. She must have been calling me to repeat that. Leaving a deep sigh, I put my phone on silent and let the call end on its own. I don't think Hazel is ready to meet her or Aiden yet.

"Mr. Greene, I've scheduled your meetings", Hazel said as she walked to my table holding her laptop.

"I've emailed it to you. Please take a look", she said again.

"Okay", I replied and leaving a deep sigh, I opened my email. Who wants to work? I want her to sit next to me, talk to me, laugh at my jokes and just kiss me.

I gave a brief look and then nodded at her in a positive way. She said, "Can I leave early today?".

"Why?", I asked.

"I've to go look for another apartment. My landlord wants her room to be vacant in the next three days", She said.

"Where will you go?", I asked. Her words immediately invented an idea in my intelligent mind.

"I've talked to a few people. I'll go over there and confirm if something works out", she said as she left a deep exhausting sigh.

"I can suggest you a place", I said and she raised her eyebrows.

"Really!", She asked.

"Yes. Finish your work and then join me in the evening. You'll love that place", I said and she gave me a nod.

"Okay. Thank you", saying so, she left giving me her beautiful smile.

I finally got my chance.

----------------------

Hazel's P.O.V.

The day of work came to an end. I picked up my bag and walked out of my office. My landlord has been acting like a heartless person. She decided to give me a week to shift. Like how can she be so inconsiderate? To my rescue, Ivan offered me help. I couldn't help but reminisce about old times.

'I will be your real-life Santa', he used to say. Needless to say, he was true to his words. I walked out of the building and opened my mobile to text Ivan but he beats me to it. Before I could text him, I received a call from him.

Talk about coincidence.

"Hello", I replied tapping the green button.

"I'll be there in five minutes", he said and I hung up after replying a quick okay.

After a few minutes of waiting, a car stopped in front of me. The shades were pulled down and Ivan came into vision. I walked over to the passenger seat and sat down. He started the car. I looked at him from the periphery of my eyes. I find myself stealing glances of him when he's not looking.